New Whitehouse arived - need help

use2b_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
My new bike finally arrived and it looks fantastic but i am not familiar with the CB1100 at all so let me throw out the good and the bad and give me any input you can.
first off it runs like a top with 2203 miles on it until 35 then it starts front end hop that only gets worse but it is still not so bad I can't ride it. I can see the new Avon roadrider tires have no sign of being balanced so off to the shop in the morning.
I think the sprockets have been changed also as 60MPH is 3200 RPM and 70 MPH is 3800 RPM
It has no tool tray , tool kit or manual so take a look when I get the picture up and tell me what you think ? should I just make something to set over the Battery ?
also have no center stand and the pipes are very busy under there so any suggestions on a bike lift [ nothing fancy ] I will be resizing photo's and trying to post them as we go so thanks in advance for any suggestions.
 
Who knows, looks like a lot has been changed around on that front end. It's obviously not stock. Have shop pull the wheel and balance and start with that. You an use a rear stand if you can find some rear spools to install. Don't know if anything has been changed with those front forks but anyway it's still a gorgeous bike. I'm sure it's probably not something major I hope.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Beautiful bike, congrats. Wonder why someone would remove the tool tray? There wasn't much in the way of tools, anyway. The owners manual should be available from a dealer, and a service manual is available online.

Check oil, check tire pressure, check chain adjustment, ride!
 
Can down load the owners manual for free through Honda, not a black market item. Tool "kit" a joke, mine consisted of a fuse puller. Pick up what you need online, it's a Honda!
Beautiful bike. Start at the simplest and work to the most complex when diagnosing problems, as Ferret suggested- air pressure, tire balance, wheels true, defective tire.
Someone spent some decent cash customizing the bike, sort it out and enjoy it.
 
I like the bike. I think that if Honda ever wants to continue the CB1100 that they should go with a tank and side panels like this bike and not change much of anything else. My bet is that they'd sell pretty good.
 
Everything new looks old again, lol!!! Fantastic bike use2b, congrats. Looks like they did a nice job painting the '13 ABS black engine DLX silver... so they even pulled the engine!
 
Thread starter
Thanks for your advice ferret on checking tire pressure because that was most of my problem [ 15 PSI ] after 100 miles it is much better but i still need to find a way to get it off the ground for the tires to be balanced.
will start with a Harbor freight lift and build something to grab the frame.

surprised there is such a big dif in your 6th gear on RPM.
my wife and I are " Normal sized Americans " so the gear is just fine as it is. The story with this bike is the builder died and his wife sold in in an estate sale. very sad he didn't get to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

am loving this engine and it pulls like a truck engine at low RPM's which is what I wanted.
also this is not a repainted engine , came from the factory this color...
 
My favorite parts of this bike are the colored headlamp and colored fork attachment points, next is the tank, and last is the side cover, those changes really make the bike look retro.

I've never liked those front fender support arms. Why did bikes have those and now don't -- is it because of the length of the fenders?
 
How interesting about the engine. I thought the 2013 CB1100s imported into the US had black engines.
 
Interesting. I knew they's made silver engines for other markets—Australia for example.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
How interesting about the engine. I thought the 2013 CB1100s imported into the US had black engines.
I believe that this is correct. The site referenced uses images from many different markets, not just the US.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Count the teeth on the rear sprocket. Since the wheels were changed, the gearing might be different as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Buy a front and rear stand. Universal rear stand would be a good choice, they can work with or without spools. Good luck, VN looking bike. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top