New Wheels With Spokes?

Buffalohead_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Can any of you guys tell me if chrome, spoke (old fashioned) wheels will be available for the new 2014 standard model? I know it won't be an official option. Perhaps there are such wheels available for the 2013. (?) If so, is there any info on price? I'm planning on buying a new 2014 standard but I need spoke wheels to match my sidecar. Has it been released if the new Deluxe model will come with spoke wheels? My only other option would be to use the stock wheels and have them powder-coated as bright as possible but it wouldn't look as good. Thanks!
 
Don't know about US bound bikes but pics I've seen of 2014 model show dual silencers and wire wheels. The wires do look nice.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Don't know about US bound bikes but pics I've seen of 2014 model show dual silencers and wire wheels. The wires do look nice.
That's good news. I hope they can be special ordered individually. Thanks!
 
All of the references I've seen said the spokes are only going to the Euro EX models and the U.S. standard and Deluxe models will have cast wheels.

If your budget isn't tight, you could probably order some Euro spokes and swap them out.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
All of the references I've seen said the spokes are only going to the Euro EX models and the U.S. standard and Deluxe models will have cast wheels.

If your budget isn't tight, you could probably order some Euro spokes and swap them out.
I like your idea but I wonder if it will be possible to order wheels for a European EX model here in the U.S.? Will Honda allow it? And, they will be pricy, I'm sure!
 
Well I would suppose that the EX is available in Japan so I would contact Takashi and see what he can do.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Well I would suppose that the EX is available in Japan so I would contact Takashi and see what he can do.
I've been keeping an eye on Honda's Japanese website. Haven't seen any mention of the EX yet.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Well I would suppose that the EX is available in Japan so I would contact Takashi and see what he can do.
Yeah, that was my next thought too. I would hope he could get them (although I will probably have to take out a 2nd mortgage on my house!). I bought a couple of chrome chain guards from Mr. T (one for a friend) and I found he is great with which to do business. Thanks Randy!
 
Randy B_imp said:
Well I would suppose that the EX is available in Japan so I would contact Takashi and see what he can do.
My plan exactly :D. It's a must for my bikes look. Hopefully by late this spring. Tubes or not, I want them.
 
Why not find a mag wheel for your sidecar? You will save lots of money and save your a$$ once a nail takes up homage in one of your 3 tires.
 
Thread starter
soggybottom_imp said:
Why not find a mag wheel for your sidecar? You will save lots of money and save your a$$ once a nail takes up homage in one of your 3 tires.
My sidecar is a retro-look sidecar and would not look right at all with a mag wheel. It's a Steib look-alike which has a Zeppelin or bullet nose.

If spoked wheels are too pricy (3000?!!), then I will have the bike's wheels bright powder coated or chrome plated and live with them. It wouldn't look too bad because the mag wheels have a type of spokes anyway that would be less different if bright silver or chrome.
 
Back
Top