New Video

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
For your viewing pleasure...Enjoy! The metallic light blue EX is nice!


Ferret, Please move to videos...duh.
 
STOP, STOP, PLEASE STOP! I want that EX, in blue, or red but better would be the gold color. I am so frustrated with Honda not bringing it to USA, I might move to where it is sold, or just call Mr. T and order part by part. It is only money.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Haven't looked at youtube for a while, lots of clips of the 2014s are popping up.

The EX is a stunning bike, easy to see what draws so many to it, the red one is to die for. :thumbsup: My personal choice, (if purchasing a 2014), would be the blue standard, wow, I like those black side plates, works well with the blue tank.

I think the red 79 CBX had black side covers, nice. Would be nice on a red 2013 standard, too. :D
 
Love the gear indicator action at 1:02 and at 1:17 that bike has a bunch of extra wires, switches and stuff on the handlebars
 
Nice video with a lot to look at! I have been curious what the 2014 exhaust will sound like because Ive never liked the sound of the 2013's exhaust. From what I can hear in the video it seems like an improvement over the 2013 exhaust sound.There is a comparison of the two around the 1:26 mark.Don't get me wrong I'm sure a slip on like the Stain tune is better all the way around but from what I could hear in the video I could live with the exhaust of the 2014 stock.
 
Robo...the exhaust will probably not sound that throaty to the rider, only to someone standing behind the bike. My Bonneville was like that. From the riders seat I couldn't hear it at all, but I let my brother ride it away from me and it sounded pretty good.

Still it's going to sound twice as good as the single pipe version ;)
 
Hmmm I'm not sure. Did the original 750 Honda sound like 4 singles :huh: lol
 
The end of the exhaust pipe is different to mine. I wonder if that's new or that they're different in Japan?
 
I believe it is new. You can see on the Honda U.S. website a picture of the U.S. version and they look the same as the EX.

Here is a quote from a press release from Honda about the EX:

The twin silencers are 40mm shorter than the single exhaust fitted to the CB1100 and have been tuned to emit a soulful inline four-cylinder sound.

Even though this press release is for the EX The silencers on the DLX look the same to me.
You can see the whole write-up here:
http://www.hondanews.eu/en/motorcyclepresspackdetail/?id=3536
 
Not only are the pipes shorter, they look smaller in diameter at the tip of the cone as well.... at least to me

It also says the seat is thicker and softer on the EX. Wonder if that is true for the Deluxe as well.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Not only are the pipes shorter, they look smaller in diameter at the tip of the cone as well.... at least to me

It also says the seat is thicker and softer on the EX. Wonder if that is true for the Deluxe as well.
I'd bet that it is! You will be able to tell us pretty soon. Really looking forward to your impressions of the deluxe!:biker:
 
I'm confused, are the EX and Deluxe different models? I've been thinking they are the same. Web site says the 4-2-2 pipes on the EX are 1.6" shorter.
 
David.I think ( immediate sign of trouble) that the only difference between the EX and the Deluxe are spoke wheels on the EX and mag wheels on the Deluxe
 
Was just researching a little, believe you are right. The EX is not coming to the USA, I don't think. Deluxe also has ABS, not sure about the EX.
Just watched the film again. I really like that blue Standard. The black side covers, and polished aluminum sprocket cover would look good on a '13 Standard, mainly mine. :D
 
I believe Honda thinks Americans want nothing to do with spokes, hence no EX
 
I wonder if the EX has tubes. There are ways around that these days you know.
 
Back
Top