New Triumph 250 Tiger Cub

The ferret_imp said:
I had a 69 BSA 750 triple with the factory ray gun pipes. I don't even recall the exhaust note. I've also ridden the 2013 Yamaha FZ09 900 triple. Couldn't tell you what it sounds like either. I do remember riding a 1976 Yamaha XS 750 triple with the factory 3 into 1 pipe that I think had an unusual exhaust note. I think.

Everyone says how cool triples sound and I have ridden 3 from 2 different manufacturers and decades and really can't recall any unusual exhaust sound at all.

On the other hand I can tell you the sound of a mid 60s Triumph Twin, and a early 70's Honda 750/4 is just music to my ears.
Well ride a T-Bird Sport with the...ahem....off-road exhaust and report back. Or own and ride a Laverda Jota....lets say 1981 vintage...and let us know. Its a combo of twin-and 4-cylinder harmony. Never rode Yammie's version so can't say. A proper triple has a wail and a thump. At high RPM's its intoxicating. Its a sound you won't forget. Not taking away from the be-loved Honda...just saying.
 
Very well done. :worship: That came out almost too nicely. Looks factory.

Engine sounds; while many sound nice, the old V45 & V65 Honda V 4's had a unique sound that I really liked.

The old Honda FT500 Ascot sounded like a Briggs & Stratton: Not good. My 650L is similar. :(
 
Back
Top