New Triumph 250 Tiger Cub

pekingduck

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, new to me. Actually it's a 2009 I just bought a couple months ago., and actually, it's a Suzuki TU250X, sold everywhere but in California. Never saw one before, but liked the idea of making it into the modern/retro bike Triumph never made. It's even fuel injected! Perfect companion for my 2004 Bonnie.

Just a few Bonnie parts - headlight ears, gaiters, taillight, turn signals added, along with removing the grab rail, shortening the rear seat, peashooter muffler and tank and sidecover markings, and it looks completely different.
[/img]

[url=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/beveldrive1/media/IMG_4401_zpstckpiprr.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/beveldrive1/media/IMG_4406_zpsslxds7l9.jpg.html]
 
Very well done. Suzuki should have consulted with you before finalizing the design. This is a fine bike that begged for a little "dressing up".
 
Lol that is going to fool a lot of people. Fooled me. I immediately went into memory search mode, and I drew a blank on a modern 250 from Triumph. Triumph was working on a 250, maybe 2 years ago, but decided not to continue.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Lol that is going to fool a lot of people. Fooled me. I immediately went into memory search mode, and I drew a blank on a modern 250 from Triumph. Triumph was working on a 250, maybe 2 years ago, but decided not to continue.
Thanks Ferret,
It almost became a "Honda". The CB1100 badge was a perfect - too perfect color match.

[/img]
 
WOW, I'm impressed!
There have been rumors for ages about Triumph building a small single-cylinder for foreign markets and at first I thought this was one.
Great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
You had me fooled for a minute. I was thinking this was some obscure badge - engineered bike that Suzuki made for Triumph so they'd have a small bike to sell...and maybe wasn't popular and sold just one year.

Very well done!
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
You had me fooled for a minute. I was thinking this was some obscure badge - engineered bike that Suzuki made for Triumph so they'd have a small bike to sell...and maybe wasn't popular and sold just one year.

Very well done!
Or... is it............:huh:
 
It's a Suziumph!! :banana:
 
Thread starter
JustJohn_imp said:
Looks like a smaller version of a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. Very well done.
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
 
pekingduck_imp said:
JustJohn_imp said:
Looks like a smaller version of a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. Very well done.
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
Me too. Owned one for about 4 years. V-twins have a sound...inline 4"s have a sound....a 3 cylinder has a sound all its own.
 
Thread starter
JustJohn_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
JustJohn_imp said:
Looks like a smaller version of a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. Very well done.
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
Me too. Owned one for about 4 years. V-twins have a sound...inline 4"s have a sound....a 3 cylinder has a sound all its own.
Hope mine grows into a Thunderbird Sport. I just love the way those triples sound!
Me too. Owned one for about 4 years. V-twins have a sound...inline 4"s have a sound....a 3 cylinder has a sound all its own.
I happened to be at a British bike swap meet Sunday, and a guy had a pair of 1975 Triunmph 750 Triples with 3-into-1 pipes for sale. When he started one up, it made a chilling howl that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I want one now, too.
 
Every motorcyclist should own at least one triple. I had a Tiger 1050 and the sound of that motor was terrific, right in there with Ferrari V12's.
 
I had a 69 BSA 750 triple with the factory ray gun pipes. I don't even recall the exhaust note. I've also ridden the 2013 Yamaha FZ09 900 triple. Couldn't tell you what it sounds like either. I do remember riding a 1976 Yamaha XS 750 triple with the factory 3 into 1 pipe that I think had an unusual exhaust note. I think.

Everyone says how cool triples sound and I have ridden 3 from 2 different manufacturers and decades and really can't recall any unusual exhaust sound at all.

On the other hand I can tell you the sound of a mid 60s Triumph Twin, and a early 70's Honda 750/4 is just music to my ears.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Every motorcyclist should own at least one triple. I had a Tiger 1050 and the sound of that motor was terrific, right in there with Ferrari V12's.
Maybe I should have you talk to my wife. I would like an FZ-09 in addition to the CB. :)
 
Back
Top