New top speed

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Riding bike today on the interstate had a bad itch about 5:00 O clock which was bad timing with traffic but I said what the heck was running about 70mph down shifted to 3rd and let er rip! Shifted to 4th gear and she was screaming shifted to fifth gear and had to let off due to traffic. Top speed on my 2014 deluxe with ECM flashed reached 133.9 with GPS that was done almost all in 4th gear with just a quick shift to 5th then total shut throttle down I'm thinking it will hit 140mph but want know till I get another good chance with no traffic. Next time I will have a gopro on bike showing speedo, tach etc. Bike stayed very stable at all times. So I guess it's true the red CB bikes are the fastest
 
Thread starter
Hey CIP my speedo was pegged out. The 14 models don't go to I think the 13 is 130 or 140! I think the bike should hit 140mph maybe more. I will find out one day soon. My friend has the newest gopro and he is going to mount it on my bike so I can show rpms & top speed in real time. 134 is pretty fast at my age lol. I had a cbr1000rr up to. 176mph a few years back and to me that was fast
 
OK, maybe we should start a book. So, punters, who you got your money on? ridem32 showed good form in his last outing and the rider has a lot of experience. Gotta be the favourite with the smart money. Let's hope he has not peaked too soon. But the young colt from NY, CIP57, is a danger and looks to have some improvement left in him, particularly if the track is heavy. Other late entries will surely appear and the stewards and officials will need to keep a sharp eye on some that may have been held back by their owners. So, punters, look forward to some tough competition as the season progresses.

Cheers.
 
sunday was my first time going on the highway over 90mph... i did 115-120ish i think. i wasnt trying to look down too long i need to catch up to a few people i was riding with.. btw its a pita driving anything over 80 on the highway wind is a killer, im planning on getting a wind visor but until then any suggestions on riding over at higher speeds? i try to hunch over but i feel like the bike is not as stable when i do so.
 
I had an Aprilia Tuono that I really tucked in on, hit the rev limiter in 6th at 147 indicated. It's a naked bike too. Looking forward to seeing what the DLX will do after I get it back to FL.
We have a pretty safe place to top in in the Ocala forest.
 
Thread starter
Motogeezer: you will have to have your ECM reflashed to bypass the speed limiter. From the factory will top out at 112mph
Jsinher3: just ride safe! I'm running the comet 2 fairing in RED with stripes! If your bike has a stock ECM you topped out at 112mph which is fast for a naked bike! Pterodactyl will tell ya in this whole stable it's only to stud horses ridem32 & CIP57. The rest is geldings & mares! Lol :).
To = two
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Riding bike today on the interstate had a bad itch about 5:00 O clock which was bad timing with traffic but I said what the heck was running about 70mph down shifted to 3rd and let er rip! Shifted to 4th gear and she was screaming shifted to fifth gear and had to let off due to traffic. Top speed on my 2014 deluxe with ECM flashed reached 133.9 with GPS that was done almost all in 4th gear with just a quick shift to 5th then total shut throttle down I'm thinking it will hit 140mph but want know till I get another good chance with no traffic. Next time I will have a gopro on bike showing speedo, tach etc. Bike stayed very stable at all times. So I guess it's true the red CB bikes are the fastest
Michael, what's the app you're using?
 
Sorry, what was the GPS app you were using that recorded the speed?
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
OK, maybe we should start a book. So, punters, who you got your money on? ridem32 showed good form in his last outing and the rider has a lot of experience. Gotta be the favourite with the smart money. Let's hope he has not peaked too soon. But the young colt from NY, CIP57, is a danger and looks to have some improvement left in him, particularly if the track is heavy. Other late entries will surely appear and the stewards and officials will need to keep a sharp eye on some that may have been held back by their owners. So, punters, look forward to some tough competition as the season progresses.

Cheers.
I think Mike went out to quick, his quarter time was much to fast to have anything in the stretch, plus i have the rail he's 3 wide. The DLX is a Filly still having not matured yet. The Original 13 is a large Stallion having a speedo of 140 that Filly at 120 can't possible keep up, but you never know.
Ridem32_imp said:
Hey CIP my speedo was pegged out. The 14 models don't go to I think the 13 is 130 or 140! I think the bike should hit 140mph maybe more. I will find out one day soon. My friend has the newest gopro and he is going to mount it on my bike so I can show rpms & top speed in real time. 134 is pretty fast at my age lol. I had a cbr1000rr up to. 176mph a few years back and to me that was fast
The 2013 is 140, i buried the speedo at 140 between 7800-8200rpm's in 5th she still had a bit left.
 
Time to find a track or old military base runway before someone looses the privilege to drive with these speeds. But I am impressed with the bike, your upper arm strength, and courage.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Riding bike today on the interstate had a bad itch about 5:00 O clock which was bad timing with traffic but I said what the heck was running about 70mph down shifted to 3rd and let er rip! Shifted to 4th gear and she was screaming shifted to fifth gear and had to let off due to traffic. Top speed on my 2014 deluxe with ECM flashed reached 133.9 with GPS that was done almost all in 4th gear with just a quick shift to 5th then total shut throttle down I'm thinking it will hit 140mph but want know till I get another good chance with no traffic. Next time I will have a gopro on bike showing speedo, tach etc. Bike stayed very stable at all times. So I guess it's true the red CB bikes are the fastest
Your monday was far more interesting than mine. I was excited that I hit my "golden mileage" -a silly creation i thought of when i looked down and saw the same mileage as the bike's CC designation-of 1100 in exactly one month of ownership. Big thrills come cheap in Illinois
 
Todd, that reminds of the guy who took his girlfriend out for a special drive. They'd been dating for awhile so she was expecting a proposal. She wondered why they seemed to be going in a random route but they finally ended up at a scenic spot by the lake.

"Honey"
"Yes ...?"
"There's something I want to show you."
"Yes, dear?"
"Look, my odometer just turned over 100,000 miles!"
 
Ridem32_imp said:
U should of got a snap shot of that. NEAT!!
Actually... Because I'm a complete dork, I DID stop and take a pic:


Caught a glimpse of the homely little troll that lives in my instrument cluster as well..

Greg - great story and something any vehicular enthusiast would relate to:)
 
Back
Top