After 11,000 enjoyable kilometres together it was time to move on from my Metzeler Z8s. The front was worn however the rear had plenty of rubber. The rear has been running on a temporary mushroom plug for 8,000 kms so I didn’t mind replacing it before it’s worn out ...
Traditional last dance before changing rubber:
Out with the old:
In with the new:
The new Dunlop Roadsmart 4 is available (in Australia) in standard sizes 110/80x18 and 140/70x18. The advertising makes the usual claims of more grip, more miles, and quicker steering ... I just liked the look of the nice round profile and deep sipes / thick tread. Front tyre appears to be slightly smaller diameter compared to the Z8 and the rear is slightly larger diameter - that would contribute to the claimed quicker steering.
Our first date this evening, a short 120kms to scrub them in. We don’t trust each other 100% just yet but I think there’s potential for a solid relationship after we spend some more time together.
don't recall what thread I was in, but I promised photos of the Shinko's in 150/70 and 110/90, so here they are. Again, I really like the way they fit the spaces. To me they fill the spaces better, without going to large...
Tried to order these from Dennis Kirk - did not go well, couldn't get to the dang cart!
Tried to order these Shinkos from Revzilla. No have the rear in 18 in. WTH?
I got 15k miles out of my stock tires BUT It took me longer than it should have to realize how badly warped the front tire was. The center line had a bubble every other inch lol.
I pushed those tires to the absolute limit.
I ended up going with the Metzler road techs and like them. They have they mathematical "Pie" symbol as the tread in the tires. So far they felt great for the bit of riding it got out of them last season.
I got them from bikebandit and had them in like 3 days.