domenaxe_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Thx a lot fellas for all this feedback.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Hi Domenaxe,
I've just scrubbed in a pair of Dunlop Roadsmart IIIs. They are great. Massive improvement over stock. They come in Std. sizes as well. They are brand new and just become available in Europe, but I'm not sure if they are available in the States yet. That's why you probably won't hear much said about them on the forum.
If you have trouble finding a pair then look on my post about them. There is a link to a good company who sources tyres from across Europe and will deliver to you. The UK was only holding a couple of rears and no fronts for a month or so. Got mine sent direct from Spain and for little to no extra cost.
I'd stick with the Std sizes. There are different opinions on how much difference it makes. I think it's down to the bikes weight, CoG, steering geometry.... etc. I had an RD350LC and fitted wider tyres and it was harder to turn on the streets. On track I may have enjoyed the extra width but it didn't do me any favours on the street. Other bikes you don't notice the difference so much. But seeing as you can get the std. sizes, why not. Great tyres, recommended.
Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them.aschem_imp said:my next rear will probably be: 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 -
Continental Tires 202-1487 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 Classic Race Tire
Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them. update...no worries, the President of the company got right back to me. So far, so good.Ulvetanna_imp said:Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them.aschem_imp said:my next rear will probably be: 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 -
Continental Tires 202-1487 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 Classic Race Tire
Even a 120 is marginal. The width on the rear has less affect on the handling, the front much more. The rear rim can tolerate a 160, it's just at the outer margin for fitment. A 130 is well beyond what the front rim wants. The 110 really is ideal. Actually if I could find a good tire in a 14/70 I'd buy it but so far they just don't have enough sidewall or grip in those sizes. The 140/70 is a little taller and helps a touch with cornering clearance and agility.ryanschillinger_imp said:Wondering if a 130/70-18 would fit up front. That should look proportional to a 160/60-18 out back. Any ideas?
Usually one size up is sort of OK, but two sizes, that's a pretty big jump. What happens is the tire has to be squeezed on to the rim, which is really too narrow to properly support the larger tread area. So you end up with a tire much taller in profile than it should be. I'd just stick with the stock size for the front, you don't wanna be the lab rat there, lol.ryanschillinger_imp said:My bike is really for just cruising and commuting. I don't drag the pegs or anything. So the 130 front wouldn't be compatible with the wheel? Or it's a lack of clearance? I have a while before I need to worry about tires but would like to have an idea what to buy when the time comes. I guess I could get out there and measure.
Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them. update...no worries, the President of the company got right back to me. So far, so good. The tires arrived in three business days. Lowest price as well. Seems to be very good company.Ulvetanna_imp said:Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them. update...no worries, the President of the company got right back to me. So far, so good.Ulvetanna_imp said:Anyone ever use this outfit? I just ordered a set of tires, the price was very good, but can't get a confirmation from them.aschem_imp said:my next rear will probably be: 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 -
Continental Tires 202-1487 150/65-18 Road Attack 2 Classic Race Tire