New silver renthal bars and bar end mirrors

silascopathic_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hey guys! So I installed new bars today and bar end mirrors. Silver tiniest rise available renthal bars.


0058f924a1e69b286d0296935a5add7c.jpg

ca7a023b747d20b4c365a30a7cc62ca3.jpg

bcfeac6fb2b015dc53da2c1e010cad41.jpg


Next up should be the aluminum cowling !
 
Silas,

I've got a couple questions.

1. What is the width of those bars compared to the stock bar? (Not counting the mirrors or bar end weights)
2. Did you have any trouble with your bar controls hitting the gas tank at full lock?
3. Hollow aluminum or solid?
4. Did you have to shim the bars or bar controls to get everything tight when you installed them?
5. Bar vibration the same, better, or worse than stock?
6. (Last one I promise) Your source, model #, and price?

Thanks bro!

Chip
 
Thread starter
Chip,

1. What is the width of those bars compared to the stock bar? (Not counting the mirrors or bar end weights)

725 mm
2. Did you have any trouble with your bar controls hitting the gas tank at full lock?

Nope! none at all :)


3. Hollow aluminum or solid?

hollow but they have a thick wall, 14mm internal diameter

4. Did you have to shim the bars or bar controls to get everything tight when you installed them?
no shimming needed. just had to drill the holes for the controls to lock into. (measure and test prior to drilling)

5. Bar vibration the same, better, or worse than stock?

Vibration is a bit better to be honest. My stance has changed so I put more weight on my hands (because I'm leaning forward more, which I love)

6. (Last one I promise) Your source, model #, and price?

They are Renthal Road Ultra Low Bars. I paid $52 for them. They come in satin aluminum (what I have), satin gold ( another member on here has them) and black ( not sure if they are satin on gloss)

Part # 758-01

I got them from Amazon.com Search for Renthal Ultra Low Road Bars
 
silascopathic_imp said:
Hey guys! So I installed new bars today and bar end mirrors. Silver tiniest rise available renthal bars.


0058f924a1e69b286d0296935a5add7c.jpg

ca7a023b747d20b4c365a30a7cc62ca3.jpg

bcfeac6fb2b015dc53da2c1e010cad41.jpg


Next up should be the aluminum cowling !
I really like what you have done. What mirrors are those and where did you buy them?

Thanks.
 
Thread starter
thank you! those mirrors i found on ebay. Just search for bar end mirrors. You will eventually find these. they come in chrome too. Due to the internal diameter of the renthal bars i had to alter the mechanism that allows the mirrors to fit inside the bars. The mirrors come with a screw and a flexible plastic washer thing that as you tighten the mount inside the bars the mount actually stays in place. The plastic washer doesn't fit inside. I has to replace it with a piece of rubber hose. It did the trick and those mirrors work wonderfully!
 
silascopathic_imp said:
Hey guys! So I installed new bars today and bar end mirrors. Silver tiniest rise available renthal bars.


0058f924a1e69b286d0296935a5add7c.jpg

ca7a023b747d20b4c365a30a7cc62ca3.jpg

bcfeac6fb2b015dc53da2c1e010cad41.jpg


Next up should be the aluminum cowling !
Did you try flipping the risers around to move the bars forward slightly? I've heard it can be done, but haven't seen/tried it yet. Probably wouldn't work for me anyway because I'm short, but i've considered it.
 
Thread starter
jodyz_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
Hey guys! So I installed new bars today and bar end mirrors. Silver tiniest rise available renthal bars.


0058f924a1e69b286d0296935a5add7c.jpg

ca7a023b747d20b4c365a30a7cc62ca3.jpg

bcfeac6fb2b015dc53da2c1e010cad41.jpg


Next up should be the aluminum cowling !
Did you try flipping the risers around to move the bars forward slightly? I've heard it can be done, but haven't seen/tried it yet. Probably wouldn't work for me anyway because I'm short, but i've considered it.
Did you try flipping the risers around to move the bars forward slightly? I've heard it can be done, but haven't seen/tried it yet. Probably wouldn't work for me anyway because I'm short, but i've considered it.

i havent but that is an interesting thought! perhaps i'll give it a shot!
 
Hi Silas,
I'm really interested in see how the bike looks with this bars but I cannot see your pics, no idea why.
Please can you send it again, I'm planning to change mines as well but didn't decide yet between low and ultralow.
Regards,
Jose
 
silascopathic_imp said:
Chip,

1. What is the width of those bars compared to the stock bar? (Not counting the mirrors or bar end weights)

725 mm
2. Did you have any trouble with your bar controls hitting the gas tank at full lock?

Nope! none at all :)


3. Hollow aluminum or solid?

hollow but they have a thick wall, 14mm internal diameter

4. Did you have to shim the bars or bar controls to get everything tight when you installed them?
no shimming needed. just had to drill the holes for the controls to lock into. (measure and test prior to drilling)

5. Bar vibration the same, better, or worse than stock?

Vibration is a bit better to be honest. My stance has changed so I put more weight on my hands (because I'm leaning forward more, which I love)

6. (Last one I promise) Your source, model #, and price?

They are Renthal Road Ultra Low Bars. I paid $52 for them. They come in satin aluminum (what I have), satin gold ( another member on here has them) and black ( not sure if they are satin on gloss)

Part # 758-01

I got them from Amazon.com Search for Renthal Ultra Low Road Bars
wow, are you sure?
Stock width on the Honda website says 835mm, thats a 110 mm difference :-/
So its 55mm = 5,5cm less width on each side?

http://flemish.honda.be/content/motorfietsen/modelen_cb1100_abs_technische_gegevens_prijzen.php


Further question about your bars, do you sit more upright or more agressive with these Ultra Low Renthal bars?
Like what is the difference in rise between your bar and the stock bars?
 
Back
Top