New Rims

rusty1_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just got my new rims, waited just about a year for them, JB-power magtan had to make a set of these for the 2014 and newer, Honda changed the axel and bearing size. This was done with the great help from Takashi [samurider]many many thanks to him. Takashi says the first ones to get made. It was a long wait but he did it.
Just two more mods left.
 
I agree with Bronson, that looks amazing.
 
WOW! Those look awesome! I love the way they match the headers.
 
I think you should pick up a mid 80's CB1100F factory fairing for it and somehow make it fit
 
Looks outstanding.. what chain is that?
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys, Putting a USA style cb1100f fairing on has crossed my mind, but about 5yrs ago I got hit with cancer, and I can not take the wind pressure any more. The drugs that the doc put me on makes me feel like I am twice my age and that is really old. Hoping to get to the western rally this year. If I can stay off my Africa twin long enough. Put over 13,000 kms on it last year, plus riding my other bikes.
 
Sorry to hear about your fight with the big C.
Love the pictures - which I assume are the Canadian Rockies.
I rode through the Rockies for a week in 2010 and was on cloud nine the whole time. Absolutely awesome!!

The new rims are super rusty1!!
 
Yea I wouldn't give up looks for comfort. Shame the drugs are taking their toll on you.

Glad you are enjoying your Africa Twin. I hear they are amazing bikes and to be able to ride one in the country in the pics you posted would be amazing as well. That first pic is stunning.
 
Thread starter
Hi ferret, the first pic is in the Vahalla's near Castlegar close to were I live, and the second one is between the White and the Palliser rivers near Cranbrook BC. Riding a big dual sport has bit me real hard, can not get enough. It is great road bike and great off road. About 70% has been off road [fsr] and about 30% on road and it goes over 400kms on a tank.
 
That is so cool Rusty1, so cool.
 
Thread starter
Sorry about the late reply, but I have been getting ready to go south, leaving Friday to go to California, loading the Africa twin and bmw f800 in the truck, driving non stop to redding and unload. Hope the weather is good.
bruce63, The front tire I run is a 110/80-18 rim is a 3.00x18 so you can run a 120 if you want but I like to keep the bike more flickable, on the back I run a 160/60-18 on a 4.50x18, so you can run a bigger if you want. The rear tire size [160/60-18] is the reason I went with magtan 4.50-18 rims, not to get too much crown on the rear tire.
CB4ME, I did not weight them, but by the feel of the hand a lot. I should have done that!
The next time I put tires on I will.
 
Guth_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I think you should pick up a mid 80's CB1100F factory fairing for it and somehow make it fit
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: I have been researching this at the moment. I have a mate that has a couple of spare ones including the storage pouches and mirrors.
 
Back
Top