New Ride - Suzuki TU-250x

EarsOnWheels_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Also known as a "TUX".



Got it for a good winter price. Have been wanting to try something small around the city while I wait to pick up MotoGeezer's bike. (Signed, sealed, _____!)
 
Looks very cool, EOW! For years I've toyed with the idea of getting a smaller "around town" bike. About half my riding is typical city riding. I just don't have enough garage space for one.

How does the little Tux handle freeway speeds? Where I live, city riding requires some amount of freeway travel.
 
Yeas, indeed. Nice one EOW. You'll be the proud owner of two CBs? Is that right?
 
CA200_imp said:
My wife has one and liked it, she asked me to sell it in the spring . Going to stop riding.
Sorry to hear that CA. It's been wonderful though hasn't it?
 
The ferret_imp said:
CA200_imp said:
My wife has one and liked it, she asked me to sell it in the spring . Going to stop riding.
Sorry to hear that CA. It's been wonderful though hasn't it?
Sorry to hear that CA. It's been wonderful though hasn't it?
+1
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Looks very cool, EOW! For years I've toyed with the idea of getting a smaller "around town" bike. About half my riding is typical city riding. I just don't have enough garage space for one.

How does the little Tux handle freeway speeds? Where I live, city riding requires some amount of freeway travel.
If I didn't loan my car out half the time, I wouldn't have room either!

Finally got a chance to "open her up" today on I-395 S out of DC. Goes nicely/slowly up to ~70, and every thing above that is just a bonus depending on the incline and how much you ate for dinner. I'd like to give a shout out to the guy on the sticker-covered sport bike racing me back in to the city. I got up to 85. Woulda hit 90 if a cop hadn't showed up at the big hill! Would also like to shout out to the old man on medium sized red Yamaha who passed me heading out of town in the afternoon. Looked like a 2-cylinder something from the 80s. I thought "hope I'm that cool in 30 years". Riding is great, isn't it?
 
I had two. Up one front sprocket a must. Secondly I crashed the stock tires in an emergency stop. The replacements were MUCH better. But very enjoyable bike. I had to have one after sitting on one in Daytona.
 
Awesome looking bike! My small bike one-day-buy list is the Honda CRF250L, the Yamaha SR400, the TUX, the TW200 and maybe something from China.
 
Thread starter
nhawk7504_imp said:
I had two. Up one front sprocket a must. Secondly I crashed the stock tires in an emergency stop. The replacements were MUCH better. But very enjoyable bike. I had to have one after sitting on one in Daytona.
Hi NHawk - tell me more. How did it help?

Been digging the bike. The suspension is great for 180lb rider and city riding. Soft in a very good way. Actually feels more similar to the CB1100+Ohlins than the CB1100+stock.
 
Congrats, had one, traded it in, just not enough power for me, but was told these require an extended (~~5-6K miles) break-in to loosen up. Love the styling. After 1500 miles it was time for something else.
 
I had a TU and was compelled to go one up on the front sprocket to make it safer pulling into traffic with a longer first gear and also to make the highway rpms nicer as well. Also added an EMGO slip on and it sounded amazing without being too loud.
 
Supervillian_imp said:
Have one, love it. Its like riding a scooter, except its dependable, has brakes, and no carb issues.
I should qualify that...I am talking about old vespa/lambrettas (my background)....modern scooters have all the mod cons.
 
Front sprocket up one made each gear longer so when I pull into traffic I can stay in first gear longer at a lower rpm and not get rear ended when traffic is heavy during the shift from first to second. The stock gearing is really for learning to ride and it's fine for that but I needed longer gearing for faster riding in each gear and on the highway. - The stock tires are a cheap, hard, long wear tire. With the brakes on hard, they can slide out from under the bike much easier than softer tires, as mine did. I slammed on my new tires very hard and the tires stayed put under me. As I recall I switched to Bridgestone Battleaxe BT45 tires. Anything is better than stock. And yeah, the stock TU suspension is like Ohlins on the CB1100! It actually moves with my 160 lbs on it!

EarsOnWheels_imp said:
nhawk7504_imp said:
I had two. Up one front sprocket a must. Secondly I crashed the stock tires in an emergency stop. The replacements were MUCH better. But very enjoyable bike. I had to have one after sitting on one in Daytona.
Hi NHawk - tell me more. How did it help?

Been digging the bike. The suspension is great for 180lb rider and city riding. Soft in a very good way. Actually feels more similar to the CB1100+Ohlins than the CB1100+stock.
Hi NHawk - tell me more. How did it help?

Been digging the bike. The suspension is great for 180lb rider and city riding. Soft in a very good way. Actually feels more similar to the CB1100+Ohlins than the CB1100+stock.
 
Back
Top