New rear rack install

There ya go. A good looking cure for insomnia lol.
 
Haha! That's funny. I couldn't sleep last night either, so I ended up pulling the rear wheel off (for a new tire) at 3:00 AM. I like working on the bike in the wee hours of the morning. Very quiet and no distractions.

The rack looks great! :thumbsup:
 
Looks good ! Did you drop any of the spacers or washers like I did? I swear I spent more time looking for them than it took to install it. I wish they made a backrest to mount on it !
 
Maybe I spoke too soon.
Mine is a 2014 Honda factory item which appears to be identical with the exception of the four drilled brackets.
Mine doesn't have those.
 
Thread starter
Chris Goldson_imp said:
tate_imp said:
Can't sleep might as well install some shiny things hahaahh
Hi

Rack looks great, which one is it please?


Best Wishes


Chris
Hi

Rack looks great, which one is it please?


Best Wishes


Chris Oem rack I purchased from an individual on eBay $150.00

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 
In the how to section of mechanical and technical you will find some work by Petrodactyl titled OEM Rear Rack- Fitting.
Its a easy way to fit and remove.
Regards
 
I installed a Honda rear rack (08L70-MGC-JB0) bought from Samurider on my 2017 CB1100 EX today. As usual the 1 page of Honda instructions were somewhat cryptic. They mentioned removing and saving the nuts, bolts and washers. I thought they meant saving them to install the rear rack. But what they really meant was saving them in case you want to remove the rack and restore the motorcycle.

Removed the seat. The little bolts at the front of the “garnish” (Honda speak for rear grab rail) were easy to remove as they had hex heads. The bolts at the back of the rail have bungee cord fixtures on the end, and Allen key heads plugged with rubber. Rather than damage or lose the little plugs, I removed the nuts at the other end of the bolts. A bit tricky as they are between a frame bracket and the rear fender. But nothing got damaged or lost on the garage floor.

Removed the rear rail from the bike. Placed the long bolts provided in the front end of the rack and discovered there were a large gaps between the rack and the frame.


Came back to the forum for pictures of rear rack installations. I did not see a rear chrome grab rail in any of them.

Went back to the garage and inserted the rear grab rail anyway. No more gaps! Tightened the four long screws provided with an 8mm Allen key. Everything fit well and the rack was as solid as a rock.
 
Well done Nortoon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As mentioned, I followed the detailed instructions posted some time ago by Petrodactyl and it went like clockwork.
 
Back
Top