New Project 954RR

whizzle_dizzler_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Picked up a new project last weekend. It's a 2002 CBR954RR with a bit of a sad story to it. Long story short, 7 years ago, it was involved in a fatal 35mph accident where the rider was struck by a left-turner at an intersection. His father came into my shop, he saw my CB, we talked about bikes for awhile, and he ended up offering me the bike.

I've always loved the old Fireblades, and now I have one for myself. I'm honored that the father entrusted me with bringing this motorcycle back to life.

It certainly needs a little bit of work and a lot of money. I'd like to do a complete restoration on it to bring it back at least close to original, but if cost is too high, it will be turned into a clean streetfighter, or a nice track bike.

If anyone on the forum happens to have some 929RR or 954RR parts, please let me know. Thanks!!

dd6fae5ca26fa236d89b711e4fb70acd.jpg


82e13ad69cbe7d8e9992ce115e6074ca.jpg


0c461ca1ec6ca33d184ecc341f0a4809.jpg


049fd1aa706c1ff5f107492c56f3b1fa.jpg


d3810d220671df9ee72744e8c3bcfa2d.jpg
 
Cool... those 929 and 954 Fireblade's were special bikes. It deserves to be treated with some TLC.
 
Thread starter
The 954RR is officially titled in my name today!

Now I can start buying parts! I've soldered and repaired a chewed up section of the wiring harness so far. It needs a tank, all the switches and housings and pieces on the clip-ons are broken, leaky clutch cover gasket, upper front end components, tires...

Maybe we'll get some more Biden-bucks soon, so I can complete this bike.
 
Back
Top