New Owner

wyeth_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
hello all,
I just picked up a very nice 2013 CB1100. This bike is my dream, and a fantastic upgrade from my 1980 Cb400 Hawk, although I still have a lot of fun on the old bike.

I am wondering if any more experienced riders/ owners have any suggestions for me.
I want to add a few things to my bike to make it capable of weekend getaways and longer leisure rides.

I'm looking to add:
a very chopper style sissy bar
Corbin Gunfighter & lady seat
engine crash bars, looking at the SW0-Motech but I'm not sold on any brand yet as they have some mixed reviews.
Road Comet Wind faring, or equivalent quality

Any input is appreciated. I am also new to using forums so thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
J.W.
 
Welcome , I like the Over stainless steel engine crash bars from Samurider , they fit on the frame and not the engine mounts .
 
wyeth_imp said:
hello all,
I just picked up a very nice 2013 CB1100. This bike is my dream, and a fantastic upgrade from my 1980 Cb400 Hawk, although I still have a lot of fun on the old bike.

I am wondering if any more experienced riders/ owners have any suggestions for me.
I want to add a few things to my bike to make it capable of weekend getaways and longer leisure rides.

I'm looking to add:
a very chopper style sissy bar
Corbin Gunfighter & lady seat
engine crash bars, looking at the SW0-Motech but I'm not sold on any brand yet as they have some mixed reviews.
Road Comet Wind faring, or equivalent quality

Any input is appreciated. I am also new to using forums so thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
J.W.


I have that seat for sale on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2017-...44&hash=item2aeeea503b:g:kjYAAOSw5HBfMdSM
 
Welcome Wyeth!

Good luck with the sissy bar. You are going to have to fab one up or make one for another bike fit.
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum

The bike is a dream for many of us
 
Welcome wyeth,

I can vouch for both the Corbin Seat and SW-Motech Bars.

You can get the Corbin in custom heights to suit your leg length which was important for me being taller than average.
And, in my opinion, the SW-Motech is a superior product to the OEM Honda bars.
The SW-Motech bars are a much stronger design.
 
The SW-Motech bars are in my opinion the only ones to get.

...and yea, I crashed tested them unfortunately.

I had a custom chopper style sissy bar made for my CB1100, with a Mustang back rest, and chromed. Worked great with a little bag mounted on the back, or I have a motorcycle specific back pack that has a pocket in the backing to slide over a sissy bar.

I'll go see if I can find pics of the bar.

Old pictures-

When first received- before I had the back pad in hand-

169f32fcd8877aedf8a2427180816edf.jpg



With back pad and bag-

85e56c6473429e57d987da228ed707a1.jpg



35baf58bb778e8f16ae43e9716729cf4.jpg


9534315dbbbb9d0f11177a225b7be912.jpg


8696d42872de136fc0e78f38c0a8e1c0.jpg



I had this built planning on riding cross country and back... but won't be doing that now so won't be using it.

I'd never ship it, but if you like it, I don't know how far you are from me. I am in NW Jersey a little north of where Rt 78 + Rt31 intersect a bit before crossing into PA.

I also have a set of the Japanese hard side panniers.
 
When I bought my '13 it had a topbox on it that I took off but left the mount on. I run a set of Cortech soft bags that the tail lights interfere with, but I'm always solo so it doesn't matter much.
 
Back
Top