CaptainAwesome_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I'm looking to get a CB1100 here within the next month or so. Either way I will be financing (dealer or bank) it so I can ride it this season.
I want an ABS version and I'm not sure I can find a '13 ABS model in my area. There are non-ABS versions but the ABS is important to me.
Kelly Blue book has the '13 models at about $8000, a '14 will cost me about $13k new after tax. So that's $5k for a 6th gear, dual exhaust and gear indicator, and .5 gallons basically.
Price wise I'm sure I could do a lot of modifications for that difference. Exhaust, gear indicator, custom seat, even swapping out the gas tank for the larger one. Only the transmission would really prove to be a difference. However I noticed a couple members on here selling their '13 to get a '14 so I wonder how much of a difference those extras are really worth.
There is also the warranty thing. Not sure if it's worth it to have an extended coverage on the bike, but by now I'd need a new one for that or find someone who bought it on theirs. Still looking into it to see if it's worth the money.
Bike is planned for a daily commuter in Seattle.
Ideas?
I want an ABS version and I'm not sure I can find a '13 ABS model in my area. There are non-ABS versions but the ABS is important to me.
Kelly Blue book has the '13 models at about $8000, a '14 will cost me about $13k new after tax. So that's $5k for a 6th gear, dual exhaust and gear indicator, and .5 gallons basically.
Price wise I'm sure I could do a lot of modifications for that difference. Exhaust, gear indicator, custom seat, even swapping out the gas tank for the larger one. Only the transmission would really prove to be a difference. However I noticed a couple members on here selling their '13 to get a '14 so I wonder how much of a difference those extras are really worth.
There is also the warranty thing. Not sure if it's worth it to have an extended coverage on the bike, but by now I'd need a new one for that or find someone who bought it on theirs. Still looking into it to see if it's worth the money.
Bike is planned for a daily commuter in Seattle.
Ideas?
). That said, the upgrades to the ex are nice. It's academic for me as no ex will make it downunder. But hypothetically, if honda did bring it to australia it would retail for at least 16-17k AUD on the road. I might get 7-8k for my bike second hand. So it's a 8-10k change over price tag!