New Muffler

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've been looking for something to replace the stock muffler and I ended up at the same shop I found my luggage rack. Sandy Run Motorcycles where old British bike reign. And what better looking pipes are there than on the Triumph twins and triples of the 70s? Rick has a large selection of reproduction mufflers and I seen a reverse cone megaphone that looked good. Rick said take it home and see if it will work and if not, bring it back. So I did. Worked most of the afternoon today and finally got it all together. A little longer than I wanted but a definite improvement over the stock pipe. Oh, and the cost? $77.00!
 
Thread starter
gcarper_imp said:
I've been looking for something to replace the stock muffler and I ended up at the same shop I found my luggage rack. Sandy Run Motorcycles where old British bike reign. And what better looking pipes are there than on the Triumph twins and triples of the 70s? Rick has a large selection of reproduction mufflers and I seen a reverse cone megaphone that looked good. Rick said take it home and see if it will work and if not, bring it back. So I did. Worked most of the afternoon today and finally got it all together. A little longer than I wanted but a definite improvement over the stock pipe. Oh, and the cost? $77.00!
Tried to include a pix in the first post, see what happens in this one. And will do a video sound clip probably on Sunday 30th.
 
Thats a lot slimmer than the stocker.
 
I noticed Two Brothers has put a kit with their standard sportbike can on the market. Its the pipe and a stubby can in steel, titanium, or CF. Around five bills. Theres a video of it on a dyno under "Massive Power Gains etc.". Claiming 10 hp and 8 ft/lbs IIRC.

I like the sound but not its looks.
 
I just think Honda got it about right with what they provided. It's quiet, it looks awesome, and it's free. :D So, no new pipes for me, ever.

Just drive in the lefthand lane, always make right turns, and no one will know you only have a four-into-one exhaust system. :-/
 
meowguy -

I don't have a problem with a quiet exhaust. Loud exhausts can be exhausting on a long ride. Plus I never depend on someone reacting to the sound of my bike. I always look for eye contact and ride accordingly.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
meowguy -

I don't have a problem with a quiet exhaust. Loud exhausts can be exhausting on a long ride. Plus I never depend on someone reacting to the sound of my bike. I always look for eye contact and ride accordingly.
I agree.
 
I'm sure my whole neighborhood prefers the new exhaust over the 4-into-2 unbaffled megaphone pipes on my CB750. Even I thought they were a bit loud. However, they could be just a teensy bit louder. I'd prefer to shift by ear, that's a bit hard when you can barley hear the bike over the road and wind noise.
 
XeNoSCR_imp said:
I'm sure my whole neighborhood prefers the new exhaust over the 4-into-2 unbaffled megaphone pipes on my CB750. Even I thought they were a bit loud. However, they could be just a teensy bit louder. I'd prefer to shift by ear, that's a bit hard when you can barley hear the bike over the road and wind noise.
I use my left foot.
 
I don't necessarily have a problem with the volume level of the stock exhaust. I'm even fine with the looks of it. Just the same, I wouldn't mind a can with similar looks, but with a bit deeper exhaust note. So far, the only seemingly viable option is the Moriwaki slip-on, which may or may not happen at some point down the road. Either way, I'll be enjoying the bike immensely.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
XeNoSCR_imp said:
I'm sure my whole neighborhood prefers the new exhaust over the 4-into-2 unbaffled megaphone pipes on my CB750. Even I thought they were a bit loud. However, they could be just a teensy bit louder. I'd prefer to shift by ear, that's a bit hard when you can barley hear the bike over the road and wind noise.
I use my left foot.
I use my left foot.
:D
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
XeNoSCR_imp said:
I'm sure my whole neighborhood prefers the new exhaust over the 4-into-2 unbaffled megaphone pipes on my CB750. Even I thought they were a bit loud. However, they could be just a teensy bit louder. I'd prefer to shift by ear, that's a bit hard when you can barley hear the bike over the road and wind noise.
I use my left foot.
I use my left foot.
:D
 
Back
Top