New Moto Guzzi V100

tod.branko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Although everyone expected for the V100 to be launched at EICMA in November, the bike is out in the open. Mandello edition is the first one to be presented, I am still not aware of the full specs, but is definitely a motorcycle I cannot wait to ride

e451270210f2c5a1fd58ba65b7b09ae6.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
660c29260067986dbf5ab33529ed3008.jpg
de2b404357882a919bacf3c1e31e8fe6.jpg
 
Thread starter
It seems like a decent piece of kit. I noticed a bug radiator at the front, however there are still cooling fins on the cylinder heads and the sump, so I wonder what that's for, I mean, surely motorcycles can use all the cooling they can get, just seems redundant

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
It seems like a decent piece of kit. I noticed a bug radiator at the front, however there are still cooling fins on the cylinder heads and the sump, so I wonder what that's for, I mean, surely motorcycles can use all the cooling they can get, just seems redundant

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod, it's a nice looking bike for sure, and water cooling was inevitable. The finning on the head and cylinder area probably don't do much for cooling, but I think they look a heck of a lot better than a bare cylinder (remember the sterile look of the CX500 cylinders?).

Since the water cooling jackets are confined to the heads and the area surrounding the pistons, oil is still a big part of the whole cooling system. Can't be light, though.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide' pid='305377' dateline='1631295842 said:
The shaft does look substantial, also it's mounted on the left side which was not the case before with the Griso or California, or any modern Guzzi I can remember off the top of my head, and I can't see CARC so it's possible they went away from it and have a new system in place. This engine is supposed to pack a very healthy punch, many speculate 120hp, but again back to Griso, that was the number, I'm sure they made it liquid cooled and attached that massive shaft because it's going to rev higher and make some higher numbers. Again - I've been wrong before



'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
This looks sooo much better than the first 'spy shots'!!! I especially like the green & silver version. Sure, there is that massive radiator but it somehow doesn't look that obvious (at least not compared to some other bikes like the Kawa Z900RS). I don't think I will trade in my aging but trusty Griso for it, but am certainly interested in testing it (if the weight is reasonable...).

Edit: Dropping a Guzzi is never a good idea, but I now see that the exhaust pipes exit the cylinders from the sides, making any minor incident a major issue... I guess that makes crash bars an essential mod for the V100.)
 
bioman_imp said:
This looks sooo much better than the first 'spy shots'!!! I especially like the green & silver version. Sure, there is that massive radiator but it somehow doesn't look that obvious (at least not compared to some other bikes like the Kawa Z900RS). I don't think I will trade in my aging but trusty Griso for it, but am certainly interested in testing it (if the weight is reasonable...).

Edit: Dropping a Guzzi is never a good idea, but I now see that the exhaust pipes exit the cylinders from the sides, making any minor incident a major issue... I guess that makes crash bars an essential mod for the V100.)
I looked at the exhaust pipes and saw exactly the opposite. In an accident, I envision the exhaust taking the brunt of any damage, protecting the head and cylinders. Hopefully they would collapse and/or bend and absorb the impact.
And be relatively inexpensive to replace.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
bioman_imp said:
This looks sooo much better than the first 'spy shots'!!! I especially like the green & silver version. Sure, there is that massive radiator but it somehow doesn't look that obvious (at least not compared to some other bikes like the Kawa Z900RS). I don't think I will trade in my aging but trusty Griso for it, but am certainly interested in testing it (if the weight is reasonable...).

Edit: Dropping a Guzzi is never a good idea, but I now see that the exhaust pipes exit the cylinders from the sides, making any minor incident a major issue... I guess that makes crash bars an essential mod for the V100.)
I looked at the exhaust pipes and saw exactly the opposite. In an accident, I envision the exhaust taking the brunt of any damage, protecting the head and cylinders. Hopefully they would collapse and/or bend and absorb the impact.
And be relatively inexpensive to replace.
Haha, yes, I guess you may be right (IF they would collapse and/or bend and absorb the impact)!
 
I'm digging it. At first I hated it. Looks like if a Motus and an early 2000s Z1000 had a baby.
But it's growing on me. I think I'd prefer a naked roadster verson of this.
If they make a Lemans version they can just shut up and take my money.
 
Rox, what is a Le Mans version?
 
If I had been born at least 10 years earlier, this would be so enticing. I'll have to content myself with seeing others with them out and about. In the early 2000s I was so keen on getting a Goose and began reading forums to see what mechanical issues people were having. The deal killer at the time was someone that had a LeMans and had a heck of time with warranty repairs after it was discovered that someone at the factory wasn't paying attention that day and unintentionally (I hope !) painted the INSIDE of the engine and transmission cases. Over time the paint flaked off and found its way into the bearings ruining them, a good lot of them apparently. I assume that things have improved since then in the quality dept !
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rox, what is a Le Mans version?
To my knowledge it's a color scheme - black with an orange stripe, or was it orange with a black stripe?! Lol, iconic in the Guzzisti world.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rox, what is a Le Mans version?
To my knowledge it's a color scheme - black with an orange stripe, or was it orange with a black stripe?! Lol, iconic in the Guzzisti world.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
To my knowledge it's a color scheme - black with an orange stripe, or was it orange with a black stripe?! Lol, iconic in the Guzzisti world.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

More like a sport oriented version. Not neccessarily color.
 
The Le Mans version was always a good looking model with a few tiny exceptions. The early 80's examples were common when I grew up as a teenager, then way out of my earnings reach. The mid 2000's one was a good looker too but ultimately short lived. I'm not sure the styling of this V100 will have a universal appeal, it is a little bland.



 


1976 850 Le Mans, the original. And my 2004 V11, the last year of the Le Mans series. A wonderful bike, but not around town.

 
Back
Top