New Member, pristine CB750 raffle

1100F_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and will be buying my CB1100 soon. I've read a lot of your posts and have learned a lot about these bikes from your experiences. I especially like the videos and buying info - thanks!

On another topic, I saw an interesting article in my Jalopnick feed earlier today, an organization called Pro4Vets is raffling a restored, pristine 70s CB750. The article says "The pristine CB750 you see here is being offered by Pros 4 Vets to raise money for returning veterans, just 2000 raffle tickets will be sold at $10 a pop, and they’re happy to crate the bike up and send it anywhere in the world (with shipping at the winners expense, of course)."

Here's a link to see for yourself: Honda CB750

With some luck, I may be adding both a CB1100 and CB750 to my garage soon :-)

All the best, Tom
 
The odometer on that thing says 58 miles... ah but that is bogus because the trip odometer says 115 miles. What's up with that?

Someone did a good job cleaning it up.
 
Thread starter
Good eyes, I missed that :-)

The article says the bike was recently restored, must've reset the odo after some test rides (I'm guessing). I don't care, I bought my ticket, for $10 and a good cause I figure I can't lose much.
 
1100F_imp said:
Good eyes, I missed that :-)

The article says the bike was recently restored, must've reset the odo after some test rides (I'm guessing). I don't care, I bought my ticket, for $10 and a good cause I figure I can't lose much.
not quite what I'd label as 'restored', but good enough. If it were showroom perfect, I'd be nervous riding it, so that's a good thing.

I'll take a chance on it. Thanks for the word.
 
Back
Top