New meats - Pirelli MT90 rear MT60 front

Wonder if a MT60 120/80 - 18 would fit fine? I know a user here who has a 120/80 Scorpion fitted on the front.

Ferrealls_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
Ferreals, what exactly tire/size do you have on the front? I can't find an MT60 front for sale that fits. Did you use a rear? If so, how did you install it (backwards)?
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
 
Thread starter
Ferrealls_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
Ferreals, what exactly tire/size do you have on the front? I can't find an MT60 front for sale that fits. Did you use a rear? If so, how did you install it (backwards)?
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
lemontree_imp said:
Wonder if a MT60 120/80 - 18 would fit fine? I know a user here who has a 120/80 Scorpion fitted on the front.

Ferrealls_imp said:
Gsnyder70_imp said:
Ferreals, what exactly tire/size do you have on the front? I can't find an MT60 front for sale that fits. Did you use a rear? If so, how did you install it (backwards)?
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
I used an MT60 RS 110/80-18 front tire. That was hard to find. The U.S. Pirelli site doesn't list them in the size, but the international site does, though they list it as an RS, not RS Corsa. I bought them from American Motorcycle Tire and they were great to deal with.

http://www.americanmototire.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=727&products_id=6643

I also found them at Dennis Kirk, but they list it as an MT60-R.

https://m.denniskirk.com/pirelli/fr...blackwall-tire-2402500.p643750.prd/643750.sku

If you don't want to use either of them search for Pirelli 2402500. Some more sites will come up, including Amazon. I just ran a quick search for it to make sure.
It would definitely fit. MT60 120/80-18 radius is only .157" larger than the 110, so you shouldn't have problems with clearance between the tire and fender. I would have gone Scorpion MT90 120/80-18 on the front, but that's a tube tire, plus it's really a rear tire. The MT60 RS is a tubeless front tire in the 110/80-80. I couldn't find a 120/80-18 tubeless true front tire.
 
Thread starter
Well, I have close to 300 miles on these things and I love them. I've had zero issues with them. They ride like a dream on roads. Honestly can't tell a difference on the highway. No additional vibration.

They're great on dirt/gravel roads too. Spots where I almost completely washed out with the OEM Dunlops were no problem for these things. Not even a hint of a slide. When these wear out I'll be replacing them with the same thing.

 
I recently installed the Pirelli duel sport tires on my '13 CB1100.
PIRELLI MT60 RS CORSA 110/80R-18 M/C 58H, FRONT
PIRELLI MT90 A/T 150/70R-18 M/C 70V, REAR (TUBELESS)

I believe the front tire is OEM on Ducati Scrambler & the rear tire was OEM on KTM 990 Adventure. I like the feel of the new tires...they seem to bring (to me) more confidence during the ride. Have had only 150 miles on them (all in one ride).

NOTE to folks who are considering this set: The rear tires makes a noticable road noise between 40-45mph...and then the noise disappears. I am not annoyed (yet!) but will keep the forum posted.
 
What kind of wear do you expect with these? Looks great and all, but hope they last. Also, any pebbles bouncing off bottom of your seat without the fender?
 
Ferrealls, glad to read that your happy with the tyres you have on your bike. I also have no aversion to riding on dirt roads and must admit at times have found awkward situations have come about, have had no issue with the tyres just my erroneous judgement. At the moment my bike has a set of Sport Demon in a size matching the original.

Regards and enjoy the lengthening and warming days.
 
Any updates on how long these ties last or how they are holding up on the highway?
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
Any updates on how long these ties last or how they are holding up on the highway?
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.
 
Ferrealls_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
Any updates on how long these ties last or how they are holding up on the highway?
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.

You've got the only scrambler look CB1100 I've come across and it looks so nice. Put some fork gaiters and headlight grill on it already! Hahaha. Love everything you've done to it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks, man. Been a fun project. Still more to do, but there will always be more to do.


COCB1100_imp said:
Ferrealls_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
Any updates on how long these ties last or how they are holding up on the highway?
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.

You've got the only scrambler look CB1100 I've come across and it looks so nice. Put some fork gaiters and headlight grill on it already! Hahaha. Love everything you've done to it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tires are holding up great. Have about 2500 miles on them. They look aggressive but ride smooth and have had zero problems with dirt/sand that I've encountered. I'll replace them with the same thing when they wear out.

You've got the only scrambler look CB1100 I've come across and it looks so nice. Put some fork gaiters and headlight grill on it already! Hahaha. Love everything you've done to it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
HI Ferrealls - Can you help please - I would like to go with the same block tread tyres and go up a size but the right hand side of the centre stand only clears the stock tyre by 3/16 to 1/4 inch - did you have the same issue? - thanks John.
 
A buddy of mine has these block tread tires on his BMW and complains about the noise. Are you experiencing this Ferrealls?
 
Hi ferret - yes I'm expecting them to make a noise - i don't mind that one bit - most of my miles are on poorly maintained back roads - incidentally we have Toyo mud tyres on our truck and love the noise.
John
 
Back
Top