new limited edition 2015 cb1100 in Japan

Honda wisely put the lower cost cast wheels on the wire wheeled EX to reduce the overall cost of the bike and perhaps draw more customers to the CB1100.
As sexy (can I say "sexy"?) as the wire wheels are, they are expensive and dives the cost of the bike up.
Honda has a history (on the auto side) for "Limited" or "Special" edition products that have been adjusted in content to reduce cost to draw in on-the-fence customers.
 
I always knew we were riding " classic road sport models" . I like that name.

That's what Scooticus has isn't it? Or was it someone else?

Nope it was Bae from South Korea

Greetings from Seoul, South Korea


NOTE *** Thanks avsbezzy. I am adding this info to the history section of the forum
 
I'd pay more for the wire spokes.

The aftermarket ones are just so expensive, they can be justified, but really wish they were available on stock models.
 
huxley2_imp said:
I'd pay more for the wire spokes.

The aftermarket ones are just so expensive, they can be justified, but really wish they were available on stock models.
I'd pay up for wire wheels. The 2014 Euro CB1100 EX is easy to look at. The high black tank and pinstripe is similar to BMW R100.
 
Kinda like Moto Guzzi, go to the parts bin and create a "new" model. Purge extra parts, maybe create some new buzz. :)
 
Hate running tubes and cleaning wire spoke wheels, glad what I bought had cast wheels. But I wouldn't want to take that experience away from those who desire them :)
 
sig_a_imp said:
huxley2_imp said:
I'd pay more for the wire spokes.

The aftermarket ones are just so expensive, they can be justified, but really wish they were available on stock models.
I'd pay up for wire wheels. The 2014 Euro CB1100 EX is easy to look at. The high black tank and pinstripe is similar to BMW R100.
I'd pay up for wire wheels. The 2014 Euro CB1100 EX is easy to look at. The high black tank and pinstripe is similar to BMW R100.
Gentlemen,

I paid up to have real wire spoke wheels on my HD Road King. It was a huge mistake even though they look great. Twice now I have had flats, both times on the rear wheel and both times over 100 miles from home or a dealer. If I had cast aluminum wheels with tubeless tires I could have plugged the tire, inflated it, and gone on. But the tube tire on a spoke wheel needed to be dismounted which meant a multi hundred dollar flatbed tow to a dealership, an overnight stay in a hotel, a wasted day, and a couple hundred dollar repair bill. After the second time it happened I swore off tube tires and those darn spoke wheels forever. I'll never buy another bike with spoke wheels unless they can run tubeless tires.

Chip
 
When we had our store and we did a lot of HD tires it was always
interesting what we would find in HD spoke rims.
When we sold HD tires we onlyused OEM tubes. They cost a lot more but we never had a come back on a HD wire rim.
I once replaced a tube on a new HD tire put on by a HD dealer
200 mile before and it was the cheapest tube you could buy! I found tubes pinched on the bead, also have seen HD tires with the tube
glued to the inside tire from heat. ( Guys pulling trailers and not watching their PSI) etc. :-/
 
CA200_imp said:
When we had our store and we did a lot of HD tires it was always
interesting what we would find in HD spoke rims.
When we sold HD tires we onlyused OEM tubes. They cost a lot more but we never had a come back on a HD wire rim.
I once replaced a tube on a new HD tire put on by a HD dealer
200 mile before and it was the cheapest tube you could buy! I found tubes pinched on the bead, also have seen HD tires with the tube
glued to the inside tire from heat. ( Guys pulling trailers and not watching their PSI) etc. :-/
CA,

I had a flat repair at the HD dealership in Colorado Springs and the tube was pinched in the tire bead during installation. It held air until I was 100 miles north of Santa Fe and then went flat. A long tow (flatbed) into town, another repair, and an overnight hotel stay. Total PITA but the dealer in Colorado Springs sent me a check to cover everything including my room. Stand up guys.

Chip
 
Chip that's great. Most people don't understand that it is much harder to put a tube in a HD tire then other types. They have side valves and the HD tires are much stiffer then a normal motorcycle tire. I would be amiss to say that I have never made mistakes but you hope to catch it before it leaves your shop.
 
Back
Top