New KLR 650

The KLR is like Santa Claus. It never really goes away... as long as you believe it in your heart.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
The KLR is like Santa Claus. It never really goes away... as long as you believe it in your heart.
I thought you were going to say the KLR is like Santa because even though it looks slow and fat, it can get to every place on the planet :D
 
Roper_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
The KLR is like Santa Claus. It never really goes away... as long as you believe it in your heart.
I thought you were going to say the KLR is like Santa because even though it looks slow and fat, it can get to every place on the planet :D
I thought you were going to say the KLR is like Santa because even though it looks slow and fat, it can get to every place on the planet :D OMG, that's hilarious!
 
Well, nice to know other people ride around in a Santa suit too!
 
Short story is that we were filming a Christmas video for my last company. It involved Santa being pulled over in his sleigh. I played Santa, and the guy who played the cop couldn't ride, so I had to transport the cop bike to the filming location while wearing the Santa suit. Never got so many thumbs up.

I like the idea of a KLR that is slightly more modern, but that hasn't transformed into an expensive adventure bike like everything else seems to have recently.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Short story is that we were filming a Christmas video for my last company. It involved Santa being pulled over in his sleigh. I played Santa, and the guy who played the cop couldn't ride, so I had to transport the cop bike to the filming location while wearing the Santa suit. Never got so many thumbs up.

I like the idea of a KLR that is slightly more modern, but that hasn't transformed into an expensive adventure bike like everything else seems to have recently.
:thumbsup: Not creepy.
 
Not to get too off topic, but if anyone is morbidly curious:
Not a KLR, however.
 
I watched a few YouTube reviews of the new KLR last night before going to sleep, with visions of thumpers dancing in my head. The biggest gripe was that a bike known for being heavy in its class is gaining more weight. Ouch. The question being asked was if Kawasaki's claims of strengthening the cam chain system was sufficient to address the need for a Doohicky modification.

The KLR is a bike I've always had in the back of my head as a runabout I'd like to keep in my Mom's garage to run errands when I'm down in the San Diego area. Prices of used models vary widely, based on usage and modifications. I'm wondering if the new model will help to soften the prices of the older models, or raise them if the new bike isn't as well received.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I watched a few YouTube reviews of the new KLR last night before going to sleep, with visions of thumpers dancing in my head. The biggest gripe was that a bike known for being heavy in its class is gaining more weight. Ouch. The question being asked was if Kawasaki's claims of strengthening the cam chain system was sufficient to address the need for a Doohicky modification.

The KLR is a bike I've always had in the back of my head as a runabout I'd like to keep in my Mom's garage to run errands when I'm down in the San Diego area. Prices of used models vary widely, based on usage and modifications. I'm wondering if the new model will help to soften the prices of the older models, or raise them if the new bike isn't as well received.
Thumpers indeed have that real organic feel.
 
Back
Top