New Items at Samurider

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
New Cafe style low seat (about $400) and foldable leg shields (about $165) from Daytona, availabe from Takashi. Exchange rate is currently near 100 to 1. What are you waiting for? :D

f5fbc4ff2f36041280090d72798a5c86.jpg


151321a00a3b66796c2d7d9b2948dee9.jpg


93a9659bae695793c7e2eeb1edfe06d4.jpg


2c790366f5dd226805eb5b0bdf2c1b91.jpg
 
So how much is that special kickstand floor protector? :P:D
 
Red1100_imp said:
Who makes those air deflectors? That might really help for Winter riding.
"foldable leg shields (about $165) from Daytona..."

I'm thinking they are made by Daytona? :-/
 
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
 
Thread starter
ingobohn_imp said:
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
Yes but the CB1100 is a do it all bike for me.

On the shields, I added gauntlets for winter riding but they are fairly unobtrusive and are easily removed when not needed. My thighs are a cold stop in winter riding, but I'll likely skip the leg shields.

I think one of the beauties of the CB1100 is that it can be transformed into different style bikes - cafe, street fighter, light touring, serious retro........or remain a wonderfully engineered universal Japanese motorcycle. You're right that it may cost more, but it's a lot of fun doing mods and making the bike your own.
 
I agree with CB4ME in that the beauty of the CB/UJM platform is that it can be made or transformed by it's owner to be anything you want it to be. I have a dedicated touring bike (an ST 1300) so I don't need the CB to do that kind of duty, but it does a splendid job of light weight sport touring duty with a lightweight clear shield and soft luggage (I've taken 2 muti state trips on mine so far) as well as stripping it naked and just cruising around. I have been really pleased with the CBs ability to be the swiss army knife of motorcycles in my garage.
 
Back in the day we would have installed a Vetter, bags and not looked back.

Today; well, we have choices. I still think of touring but with a wife, dogs and a house this touring thing (wife will not get on the bike for love nor money), if I ever get around to it, will have to wait until I retire. Then I might get a Moto Guzzi 1400 California to tour with. Or maybe a Vetter for the CB. :)
 
CB4ME_imp said:
New Cafe style low seat (about $400) and foldable leg shields (about $165) from Daytona, availabe from Takashi. Exchange rate is currently near 100 to 1. What are you waiting for? :D

f5fbc4ff2f36041280090d72798a5c86.jpg


151321a00a3b66796c2d7d9b2948dee9.jpg


93a9659bae695793c7e2eeb1edfe06d4.jpg


2c790366f5dd226805eb5b0bdf2c1b91.jpg
Has anyone had them fitted, of tried them..
 
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...
 
ingobohn_imp said:
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
Scoobynut_imp said:
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...
I disagree, you cannot judge the leg shields if you haven't seen any clear and high quality pictures of it on the bike.
Like The ferret said already, its a UJM, a Swiss knife kinda bike, many things can be put on the bike and still keep the retro look of it.

And Scoobynut, I'd even rather go for the smoked version so you can see the shields very good:)

I actually believe the bike will look good and cool with those shields.
I see it as a fairing, but in a retro style :cool:
It might work and I think it will work on these bikes.

I've seen much much worse headlightfairings on these bikes done by others here tbh than those leg shields :dodgy:

Those Daytona leg shields will be my next buy end of this month!
There will be small issues cause I have the OEM engine guards, but it should work to install both and when I do, I will post pictures!
 
Beat me to it, Riko. Well done.
 
Riko_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
Scoobynut_imp said:
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...
I disagree, you cannot judge the leg shields if you haven't seen any clear and high quality pictures of it on the bike.
Like The ferret said already, its a UJM, a Swiss knife kinda bike, many things can be put on the bike and still keep the retro look of it.

And Scoobynut, I'd even rather go for the smoked version so you can see the shields very good:)

I actually believe the bike will look good and cool with those shields.
I see it as a fairing, but in a retro style :cool:
It might work and I think it will work on these bikes.

I've seen much much worse headlightfairings on these bikes done by others here tbh than those leg shields :dodgy:

Those Daytona leg shields will be my next buy end of this month!
There will be small issues cause I have the OEM engine guards, but it should work to install both and when I do, I will post pictures!
The Belgian Build seems to be the transformation of an UJM into a scooter.
4ad7daf5702dd4dfa2beb16df37b1414.gif


(after my fancy, never mind :beerchug: )
 
Somehow those shield legs give the bike a mechanical busy look to it.
On this bike you can see the complete engine, all is visible, and something like that contributes to the tech look.
Other semi-techno add ons such as an antenna etc, in that category, would really complement this bike I think.

Whitehouse Japan has also such a busy CB1100 with antenna, looks very cool!

I like it a lot, I'm a fan.



736cc_imp said:
A set of quality leathers or an Aerostich riding suit work better that those cheesy leg shields
I have those :) but still wanna see how the bike would look with those cheesy leg shields :)

If the look is as cheesy as a fairing, than give it to me :)

Django_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
The seat looks nice, but the leg shields look really ugly. OMG - please don't do that with the pretty looking CB 1100! :o
It's funny, sometimes I think people here buy the CB 1100 and try to transform it into a long-distance touring bike with lots of accessories like fairing, wind shields, covering etc.. Instead, it would be worth thinking about buying a touring bike from the very beginning, e.g. a Honda VFR1200. Okay, the VFR is more expensive, but a CB 1100 with lots of accessories is also above list price. :)
Scoobynut_imp said:
I agree the leg shields aren't the greatest looking thing in the world, but I wouldn't criticize someone who rides a lot of highway who installed them.

I rode 200 miles on the CB to my Mom's house last summer in 40 mph winds, and when I was heading straight into the winds it pushed my thighs outward to the point that I thought I might pull a groin by the time I got to my destination. :s

Like some others, I have a more dedicated touring rig for longer rides, so don't feel the need for additional wind protection on the CB, but for those who ride in high winds a lot on their CBs I totally understand wanting some wind relief. At least the shields are transparent...
I disagree, you cannot judge the leg shields if you haven't seen any clear and high quality pictures of it on the bike.
Like The ferret said already, its a UJM, a Swiss knife kinda bike, many things can be put on the bike and still keep the retro look of it.

And Scoobynut, I'd even rather go for the smoked version so you can see the shields very good:)

I actually believe the bike will look good and cool with those shields.
I see it as a fairing, but in a retro style :cool:
It might work and I think it will work on these bikes.

I've seen much much worse headlightfairings on these bikes done by others here tbh than those leg shields :dodgy:

Those Daytona leg shields will be my next buy end of this month!
There will be small issues cause I have the OEM engine guards, but it should work to install both and when I do, I will post pictures!
The Belgian Build seems to be the transformation of an UJM into a scooter.
4ad7daf5702dd4dfa2beb16df37b1414.gif


(after my fancy, never mind :beerchug: )
The Belgian Build seems to be the transformation of an UJM into a scooter.
3c33e9e23f38ad07a89ae7bf78d42e69.gif


(after my fancy, never mind :beerchug: )
you have good taste :)

perhaps after installation many will start to see the potential of a "CB1100 scooter" :idea:
 
Back
Top