"New" in NZ

Tyke57nz_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I see 2 Honda Dealers in NZ now advertising the Honda CB1100 EX *Wire Wheel,ABS* In Store, one as a 2015 model with limited numbers available and the other dealer as a 2014 with a Demo model but available new on indent order; both asking NZ $18995. Think I might keep my trusty 5 speed at that price.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
I see 2 Honda Dealers in NZ now advertising the Honda CB1100 EX *Wire Wheel,ABS* In Store, one as a 2015 model with limited numbers available and the other dealer as a 2014 with a Demo model but available new on indent order; both asking NZ $18995. Think I might keep my trusty 5 speed at that price.
Having seen the superb biking roads in NZ on various travel programmes I would think the five speed is perfect.
 
Must be importing them direct from Japan?

May well be a '15 as I think they made them in Japan. NZ is also the only place we have a genuine 2012 model.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Must be importing them direct from Japan?

May well be a '15 as I think they made them in Japan. NZ is also the only place we have a genuine 2012 model.
The only '15s that have been positively identified so far are the Japanese "Special" EX models with cast wheels.

Given that Honda ran off some '12 models just for NZ, I suppose it's possible that they may have done it again with some '15 EX models with wire wheels.

The VINs will ultimately tell the tale.
 
I suppose the cast-wheel only decision for US bikes was ultimately a marketing decision. I wonder why Honda concluded that wire wheels wouldn't sell here? I think it's interesting. I imagine it's been discussed here in spades.
 
There are a couple of things Americans as a group don't care for according to market surveys. Spoke wheels with tubed tires, and ABS (although the ABS thing is slowly being accepted by more and more riders).
 
I like it on my ST1300 but I don't know if it has ever kicked in. Personally I think the .gov will mandate it on bikes eventually.
 
It has never kicked in on my dlx to the best of my knowledge, at least I've never felt anything like I have on my ABS equipped Honda cars.

secondly in the U.S., the ONLY way it will come on all motorcycles will be as popgun says, if the government makes it mandatory. Americans will moan and groan about it when it is forced upon them ( like they did with emissions equipment and water cooling), but eventually they will come to accept it.
 
Back
Top