new horse in barn

Looks like a fun little bike Alp. My uncle actually has a suzuki burgman 400 that needs some work he offered to give to me. I'm not much of a scooter guy myself but I think im gonna scoop it up just for the fun if it.

Figure it could be a fun spare bike that some friends can use that don't know how to ride since its automatic.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Alp, congrats!!, but we need few more words about your beautiful mini white Honda horse!
 
Thread starter
I don't know what suddenly stung me in the last few months... I suddenly became interested in scooters...

It is absolutely identical to the 125ccm, only the bore is larger........so it has the same lightweight of 138kg

I wanted something bigger like my 125cc bikes like the monkey......so I can now climb certain hills at 80 km/h instead of just 70.....so that's enough because our speedlimit is 80 outside of villages






.
.

.
look at minute 1:50


 
Unless I was allowed to ride this thang without any gear I cannot imagine I might wonna
take her instead of a motorcycle. Don’t get me wrong ... you love it, that’s good enough.
;)
 
Awl man alprider, those are crisp black 'n' white photo images.

I think the SH150i shares the same thumper as the Honda PCX150. If so, those are incredibly powerful (at 153 cc), fuel efficient and smooth lumps.

Congratulations.
 
m in sc_imp said:
I dig small bikes but thats probably a bit too far for me on cosmetics alone.. i mean.. it looks like a high heel shoe from the 80s.
:rofl:

Scooters like a lot of small bikes are a lot of fun if you give them a chance. My wife had a PCX 160, traded it in on an X Max 300, and we've both had 400 Majesty's. For some reason I like small scooters more than small motorcycles.

Congrats Alprider
 
Wow, that thing can move!

I like scooters and get my yayas off every now and then, as we have a small fleet of Ruckus' (Rucki?) on our trailers at our events.
The cool kids on our crew have shunned them, however and purchsed their own Groms or Z125s to use as pit bikes. If I did any appreciable amount of riding that didn't involve a freeway, I'd definitely have a scooter or a Grom in my fleet. But, as I found with the CB300R, if it can't go 80mph without suffering, it'll just gather dust in my garage.
 
It is amazing what some 13.5 [Honda] horsepower can accomplish. They can accelerate better than many think - mostly useful in the mid speed range, and I am 100 kgs.

The Honda PCX150 is capable of taking one from Toronto to Ottawa, Ontario on one tank of regular octane fuel (8L) using 80 km/h regional roads. That is typically a four hour drive by cage on the freeway.
 
How about a 2025 Japanese Domestic Market Touring Grom?

267ef1feb499ac0bc374605edf9ef72f.jpg
 
Congratulations alprider. Another horse. You'll soon need a bigger barn.
 
windshield, handguards, bash plate, soft saddlebags, tailbag...all genuine Honda accessories available in Japan.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Congratulations alprider. Another horse. You'll soon need a bigger barn.
right, now it's gotten tight...in next months one time must go one bike...but until now i dont know which
The vultus monkey super cub will definitely stay
because they are special things....the monkey because of its super comfortable saddle, cute appearance.........vultus in general and anyway...the supercub is very rarely seen here and is otherwise somewhat unique

I would like to drive the CL500 properly first, It's also a great compromise between performance and weight/handling ... I actually bought the Grom very spontaneously because of its beautiful yellow color...Of course, I liked it before already without the yellow color

mabye it will be the bee.....Because it has become soooo heavy compared to the others respectively I have completely gotten used to these great lightweights......I don't even know how I used to do it in the past with my 300 and 400kg bikes...smileee

we will see....

oooor
the scooter would have been a bad decision

btw.
the scooter has 157ccm and 16 hp........in asia he calls sh160i not 150......

I think I'll dismantle the windscreen, it's so high I can't see above it, which is of course not good in the rain and in the dark when car headlights are coming towards you......otherwise, of course, there's a lot of air resistance at only 16hp... .....and now that it's still cool you can feel the swirl of air on your neck/shoulder
 
Tough choice. At the risk of committing heresy, I can see the appeal of being shot of the heavy bike. There are days when a light one seems very attractive indeed!
 
Thread starter
I tweaked the color curve a bit so that the sky isn't so pale, the scooter is matt white.......but depending on the light source it does have a slight hint of blue....
or no the last, direct aut of the phone
 
alprider:

How do you find the frame stability at mid-to-higher speeds (e.g. ~90 km/h).

Do you like the step through design of the scooter, or prefer the somewhat "leg over" approach of earlier Honda designs?
 
Thread starter
i made on friday only my little 80km standardloop........i found no negative point about the frame stability.......my goal is not the cornering with it....smile...

suspension is ok for me.....of cours its not like the CL500 scrambler.....smile

a real scooter has for me this step through design just like the classic one : vespa......i wanted nothing other as this......climb up, down is realy fine easy.....

burgman ,pcx , x-adv, forza , t-max and and......noooooo......thats no real step through for me...there is only somehow a hole between saddle and handlebar
 
Back
Top