Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The 2014 grab rail angle certainly is a bit flatter. Ferret mentions different attachment points. Ferret - we may need a closeup picture when your 2014 comes in. At least me.Flynrider_imp said:When I look at both bikes, the grab handle looks like it's at a flatter angle on the '14. I wonder if the new rack is angled differently to deal with the different mount points.
I'm not sure I understand your question. The "grab rails" don't move when you put the rear carrier on. The rear carrier comes with four longer bolts.MrTim_imp said:Thought I might ask this here rather than start a new thread.
Is it possible to have a rack and the pannier supports attached at the same time? I notice they both mount behind the grab rails so there might not be enough room on the bolt to hold them.
Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.AzBob_imp said:I'm not sure I understand your question. The "grab rails" don't move when you put the rear carrier on. The rear carrier comes with four longer bolts.MrTim_imp said:Thought I might ask this here rather than start a new thread.
Is it possible to have a rack and the pannier supports attached at the same time? I notice they both mount behind the grab rails so there might not be enough room on the bolt to hold them.
Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.Flynrider_imp said:Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.AzBob_imp said:I'm not sure I understand your question. The "grab rails" don't move when you put the rear carrier on. The rear carrier comes with four longer bolts.MrTim_imp said:Thought I might ask this here rather than start a new thread.
Is it possible to have a rack and the pannier supports attached at the same time? I notice they both mount behind the grab rails so there might not be enough room on the bolt to hold them.
I assumed he was talking about aftermarket. Honda only does a top box for the CB1100 that fits their rack (not in the U.S., of course).AzBob_imp said:Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.Flynrider_imp said:Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.AzBob_imp said:I'm not sure I understand your question. The "grab rails" don't move when you put the rear carrier on. The rear carrier comes with four longer bolts.MrTim_imp said:Thought I might ask this here rather than start a new thread.
Is it possible to have a rack and the pannier supports attached at the same time? I notice they both mount behind the grab rails so there might not be enough room on the bolt to hold them.
I guess I don't know what "_the_ pannier supports are." I was unaware Honda made pannier supports or panniers for the CB. Are we talking about an aftermarket part, or is this yet another thing we don't get to see in the U.S.?
Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.Flynrider_imp said:Correct. And I think Mr.Tim's question was along the lines of whether those longer bolts would be long enough to add both the rack and the pannier supports.AzBob_imp said:I'm not sure I understand your question. The "grab rails" don't move when you put the rear carrier on. The rear carrier comes with four longer bolts.MrTim_imp said:Thought I might ask this here rather than start a new thread.
Is it possible to have a rack and the pannier supports attached at the same time? I notice they both mount behind the grab rails so there might not be enough room on the bolt to hold them.