New Helmet

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
If I'm telling lots of you something you already know, I'm apologize.

I went off to buy a new helmet the other day. I was particularly looking at the Bell Revolver Evo because I thought a flip-up helmet might save me taking my glasses on and off when I put it on. It didn't so I looked at others and ended up buying a Shark Speed-R full face helmet. For those, like me, who need to wear glasses all the time, the helmet is great as it has been specially designed with us in mind. The lining at the point where the wings of the glasses go in is carefully designed to make it easier.

It's a great improvement on it's predecessor KBC.

Thank you for reading. :D
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
Congrats on the new lid!:banana:

I hear these are very comfortable with glasses too, and a snip at the price!

pitwall.co.uk

:P
:rofl: I've ordered a couple.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
If I'm telling lots of you something you already know, I'm apologize.

I went off to buy a new helmet the other day. I was particularly looking at the Bell Revolver Evo because I thought a flip-up helmet might save me taking my glasses on and off when I put it on. It didn't so I looked at others and ended up buying a Shark Speed-R full face helmet. For those, like me, who need to wear glasses all the time, the helmet is great as it has been specially designed with us in mind. The lining at the point where the wings of the glasses go in is carefully designed to make it easier.

It's a great improvement on it's predecessor KBC.

Thank you for reading. :D
Congratulations, that's one good brain bucket!

I use a Shark Vision R. All good but needs a little less vision when looking directly into the sun. Real good for glasses.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
Whatever next? Starbucks in Britain? :D

I'll stick with my cheap n nasty helmets thanks!:hello:
What's this?
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Whatever next? Starbucks in Britain? :D

I'll stick with my cheap n nasty helmets thanks!:hello:
I thought I'd posted this yesterday, but must have hit the wrong key.

Anyway, believe it or not, there are Starbucks on US Navy aircraft carriers! Not full service like a store, but they serve most drinks.
 
I've always worn sunglasses with my helmets, both full-face and modular. Tinted screens are great, but they can't match a quality Polarized lens for protection and view. I guess I have a skinny head because I've never had any trouble wearing glasses with either style. They slide right in and don't cause any problems.
 
Its a kinder and gentler navy now.
 
Anyone use wax or other protectant on their helmet? I picked up a new Arai a few months ago, and I'd like to get something on it.

My previous helmet was a low-maintenance solid blue color, but this one has a nice sparkly metallic silver finish.
I'm thinking a spray wax on a towel might work best, as the typical wax I use on the bike will probably get into all the helmet's vents, etc...and eventually leave the dreaded white spots.
 
Jim21680_imp said:
Anyone use wax or other protectant on their helmet? I picked up a new Arai a few months ago, and I'd like to get something on it.

My previous helmet was a low-maintenance solid blue color, but this one has a nice sparkly metallic silver finish.
I'm thinking a spray wax on a towel might work best, as the typical wax I use on the bike will probably get into all the helmet's vents, etc...and eventually leave the dreaded white spots.
Just polish with those spray-on detailing products. California Gold, Mothers etc.

Cheers
 
Jim21680_imp said:
Anyone use wax or other protectant on their helmet? I picked up a new Arai a few months ago, and I'd like to get something on it.

My previous helmet was a low-maintenance solid blue color, but this one has a nice sparkly metallic silver finish.
I'm thinking a spray wax on a towel might work best, as the typical wax I use on the bike will probably get into all the helmet's vents, etc...and eventually leave the dreaded white spots.
I use regular carnauba wax on mine, however, I'm very careful to only apply it to the painted or hard surfaces. You can keep it off the vents, hinges, etc. if you take your time. We have a LOT of bugs on the road here, so I find it's worth the effort.
 
Honda Pro Polish (or whatever it's called). Probably the same as Mothers, California Gold, etc. I put that sh*t on everything!
 
Man, you are killing them today ES!
 
One day many moons ago when I was a rookie cop I noticed my partner for the day, his duty weapon was the shiniest, and yet deepest dark looking handgun anyone had ever seem. I asked him what he was doing to it. His response - "Classic Car Wax paste wax"

After seeing that, I put that sh*t on everything.
 
Back
Top