New GPR slip-on - Do I need to re-map?

glenridgerich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just bought and I'm soon going to install my new GPR slip-on exhaust. Will a re-map and/or powercommander be necessary? I'm a bit naïve on this subject, and open to education on this subject. Thanks in advance for your input.
 
I installed a delkevic slip on with no programmer or anything. Seems to be just fine. I think with just a muffler swap there is no other mod required, but someone else may know.
 
The typical rule of thumb is: slip-on needs no tuning or fueling mods; full system needs tuning and fueling mods. You should be okay.
 
Kmoney, might he have to do the PAIR mod?
 
Nothing needs to be done for just a slip on. Mods needed only for full exhaust and adding air kit.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Kmoney, might he have to do the PAIR mod?
I would recommend it with any free-flowing slip-on.
Some CB1100s may pop without the mod and others may not...you will need to "play it by ear" ;)

I needed to block my PAIR Valve line after installing a Staintune Slip-on...even so, I still get some pleasant burbling on decel, but not any loud decel popping.
 
tomas_imp said:
Also how about a 02 Oxygen Lambda Sensor Eliminator added to the system.
I would say that it definitely made for noticeable improvements on my CB, especially in conjunction with a free-flowing slip-on.

However, one or two who have installed them lately were less enamored with it. I'm starting to think that some CBs just have their own distinct "personality", and what works on some, may not work as well (or at all) on others.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
tomas_imp said:
Also how about a 02 Oxygen Lambda Sensor Eliminator added to the system.
I would say that it definitely made for noticeable improvements on my CB, especially in conjunction with a free-flowing slip-on.

However, one or two who have installed them lately were less enamored with it. I'm starting to think that some CBs just have their own distinct "personality", and what works on some, may not work as well (or at all) on others.
I would say that it definitely made for noticeable improvements on my CB, especially in conjunction with a free-flowing slip-on.

However, one or two who have installed them lately were less enamored with it. I'm starting to think that some CBs just have their own distinct "personality", and what works on some, may not work as well (or at all) on others.
I'm with you Gumby, it was definitely worth the install. The 02 Sensor will never be reinstalled on my bike.
 
Thread starter
Update: Got it, installed it, LOVE it! The bike is better now, more power, better sound, etc. I cannot say definitively that the bike has more power (nor do I have any intention to prove it by hooking it up to a dyno or whatever)...But I'm convinced it's more powerful or perhaps it's just making better use of the power it already has. Anyway, I feel a meaningful difference. And the sound....The sound reminds you that you are riding a MOTORCYCLE...not a Chevy Chevette. Cost me $500, but very well worth it. In my view, it really improved my riding experience.
 
Back
Top