New Goldwing

Isn't it a thing of beauty? Enjoy.

 
Drop dead gorgeous. What a machine!
 
Yeah, pretty much.

You say that like its a bad thing! :)
 
the_undecider_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Is every single member of this forum an old white guy? Ok, at least the ones in the US?
Nope, I'm 32. Give me and the bike another 30-40 years. I have more faith in it surviving intact than myself.

That would be about right. :rofl:
 
Beautiful bike--reminds me of my 2002 GL18 in Illusion Red, that I kept for 9 years. I traded-it because the wife only rode with me very, very infrequently, so I really had no need for a 900lb continent-tourer.

The current Goldwing is a phenominal bike...powered by an 1832cc version of the nuclear reactor that drives a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier!! (p.s.-I might have made-up that part)

I've embarrassed many sportbike owners in the twisties on my Goldwing!
 
I may be white, but I'm "only" 38.

I've warmed to the idea of owing a Wing lately...though probably the F6B, since I don't need to carry a passenger. Just wish they'd put cruise on the '13s and '14s (the shorty windshield and unheated grips are fairly easy to fix). I've seen brand-new leftover '13s down in the $15k range around here.

Not that I actually have that kind of money in my motorcycle budget...
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Is every single member of this forum an old white guy? Ok, at least the ones in the US?
Easy Spaceman, I'm only 49. :D

I am amazed at how well this wing handles. She might be a big lady, but that girl sure can shake her tush!!:banana:
 
pechorin75_imp said:
I may be white, but I'm "only" 38.

I've warmed to the idea of owing a Wing lately...though probably the F6B, since I don't need to carry a passenger. Just wish they'd put cruise on the '13s and '14s (the shorty windshield and unheated grips are fairly easy to fix). I've seen brand-new leftover '13s down in the $15k range around here.

Not that I actually have that kind of money in my motorcycle budget...
I think I read somewhere that cruise control was being added to the F6B. 2015? Just can't recall...
 
thumper_imp said:
Beautiful bike--reminds me of my 2002 GL18 in Illusion Red, that I kept for 9 years. I traded-it because the wife only rode with me very, very infrequently, so I really had no need for a 900lb continent-tourer.

The current Goldwing is a phenominal bike...powered by an 1832cc version of the nuclear reactor that drives a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier!! (p.s.-I might have made-up that part)

I've embarrassed many sportbike owners in the twisties on my Goldwing!
The dreamer in me thinks that if I buy a Goldwing, I'll magically also have the time to criss cross this great country on it; but in fact until I retire that free time is an impossibility.

Even though I know the above time constraint, I still at times find myself staring at Goldwings, and I slip into daydreaming about that long distance ride!

thumper_imp said:
Beautiful bike--reminds me of my 2002 GL18 in Illusion Red, that I kept for 9 years. I traded-it because the wife only rode with me very, very infrequently, so I really had no need for a 900lb continent-tourer.

The current Goldwing is a phenominal bike...powered by an 1832cc version of the nuclear reactor that drives a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier!! (p.s.-I might have made-up that part)

I've embarrassed many sportbike owners in the twisties on my Goldwing!
best description ever.
 
Back
Top