New fairing on my 2014 std

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Fell in love with the Chic Design Road Comet I while at the rally. Finally ordered one from Samurider (great service & communications).

a657b3129998a3a25c20a430aae0370f.jpg


Hope to test it out later today after it stops raining.
 
Rain? What's rain? PLEASE send some this way....we need it....BADLY!!
 
My new RC is in the states. I'm hoping for delivery today!

Yours looks awesome on the black bike!

As a side note. All you guys with big garages are starting to P** me off :)
 
Randy B_imp said:
Rain? What's rain? PLEASE send some this way....we need it....BADLY!!
You're not kidding! I just got back from a 9 day vacation with the wife and kids to SoCal and everything was bone dry. Brown lawns, dirty cars and 3 minute showers! Nonetheless, we had a wonderful time! I spent a week riding in SoCal in 2012 and loved it! You guys are lucky to be able to snow ski in the morning, surf at the beach in the afternoon and then ride your bike to the mountains again in the evening!

It has rained here in Virginia at least 20 of the last 30 days!

P.S. The fairing looks GREAT!
 
Fairing does look great Razor!

Rain? Don't want to talk about it. We, like Eddie, have been getting hammered. I think it has rained every day but one in July. I went out for a little ride around 12:30 today. Wasn't supposed to rain until between 2 & 3. On my way home at 1:35 I got drenched. Rain gauge is showing we got 2" in about an hour and a half uggggg
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Rain? What's rain? PLEASE send some this way....we need it....BADLY!!
Randy, sorry to hear about the drought.
----------------------------------------------
After reading about some who've experience vibrations; I went ahead and put some foam between the gauges and fairing. It's about 3/8" thick, with 3m tape on the back.

Just got back from a quick ride. Happy to report no vibrations and it really helps keep the wind of my chest. Very satisfied:D

Here's a shot of the foam.
687f74e657d7f247926530e0b306f4e0.jpg
 
Thanks for that tip Ray!
 
That fairing looks awesome. How does it do for deflecting the wind?
I had read that some of the lower fairings seem to keep it off the body but you still get a good blast at the head and shoulders?
 
Thread starter
I'm 5'8". The fairing blocks most of the wind off my chest, and some off the arms. I still get wind on my helmet, but not as much as before.
 
My RC1 shipped from Japan on the 8th and arrived in FL. the morning of the 11th. Took a few weeks to build though. Regardless, fits like a glove, impeccable quality and looks great. Wind protection is pretty good actually. Best from about 70 still good at 120 if you crouch a little ;)
O, BTW, no vibrations, other than good, good, good.
 
Moto,

My RC1 arrived in NY on the 10th and I still don't have it. Usually once the stuff hits NY, it is at the house the next day. Hopefully today. The wait is killing me :)
 
And mine STILL isn't here...
 
Thread starter
Popgun, I'm sure the wait will be worth it :D

MFGUSA_imp said:
Razor, could you please submit a few more photo's from different angles- I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
more pics, sorry for the photo quality.

c2ec618d99e78f3cd8cb388942d021a6.jpg


a447937e0507eb300adba3d1c1d0e059.jpg


4fd336dc7d9073591b5b14cdc41f6afa.jpg
 
Back
Top