New Boots!

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
If anyone needs a deal on new boots, Revzilla is blowing out Tourmaster Epics for $85. I have stupid wide feet, so, with one 11W left in stock, I pulled the trigger last night. They already landed at my office, and they feel like they just might work.

Ryan F9 just released a new video, showing a rather graphic demonstration involving a hammer and hiking boots...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
If anyone needs a deal on new boots, Revzilla is blowing out Tourmaster Epics for $85. I have stupid wide feet, so, with one 11W left in stock, I pulled the trigger last night. They already landed at my office, and they feel like they just might work.

Ryan F9 just released a new video, showing a rather graphic demonstration involving a hammer and hiking boots...


Love his videos....off to youtube I go..
Ok... soo amusingly I already had that video open on another tab (I typically have 10-15 tabs at any given time)....just hadn't watched it yet.

He is 100% right, and logical as usual. And funny.

I am actually in the market for new boots (and coincidentally that is some of the already open tabs)... which is why I clicked on this post in first place.

It is also why as soon as I saw the boots you posted..I scrolled down.

When I crashed my bike- my 2 biggest painful injuries were broken ribs and crushed leg....so I am looking for full height and most protective boot possible.

I was also looking at an airbag vest...but only 1 I saw seems to have any protection for ribs so I might look into just an old fashioned rib guard.

About the only thing I can say about his video- statistics on death don't mean much to me- as dismemberment, crippling, pain, loss of movement or function are huge IMO.

That all became 'real' when I went down. After decades of riding dirtbikes and streetbikes...having fell off in the woods many times- one low speed street crash, while in expensive fully armored full gear opened my mind to harsh realities. Enough to keep me completely away from the bike for almost 2 years. I still haven't got back on it... just working on it. They said my (unknownst to me- can't feel it) lacerated spleen could have bled out.

My father in law down in Florida rides his cruiser in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops. If asked about a crash his response is- I just want to die- to which I respond and say- well what if you don't?
 
Thread starter
I had been looking on and off for wide boots, but that Ryan video really hit home with me. I had the Tourmasters in my Revzilla "wish list", gave them another look, and figured they'd either fit or they wouldn't. 11W was slightly snug on my 10.5EEEE feet, but I walked around the office with them for a while, then made a run to the bank, which involved standing in line, outside in the heat for about half an hour. By the time that was over and I got back on the bike, they felt nice and comfy.

It's really weird. Some people have a fear of heights, some people are afraid of spiders. My fear is skin against pavement. I can't even take the trash out in bare feet.

Yet I ride. At least I have decent protection.

And gotta give some props to Ryan in that video... dumping his BMW just to make a point. A very graphic point.
 
Daytona from Germany makes very good boots in extra wide versions and cheaper if you buy them direct from Germany. I ride with the Helite air vest , high viz Turtle Back
Hopefully never find out how good they are but I do feel more protected .
 
Houtman_imp said:
Daytona from Germany makes very good boots in extra wide versions and cheaper if you buy them direct from Germany. I ride with the Helite air vest , high viz Turtle Back
Hopefully never find out how good they are but I do feel more protected .
OMG, thanks for your clarification John.. I momentarily thought that you belong to the Hell Angels and are from the famous Turtle Neck group :P....uff
:beerchug:
 
The Helite vest does not "do ribs" as in a restaurant but they will help in protecting YOUR ribs .
Peter , NO I am not a Hells Angels type of guy as I would never have any tattoos and never drink alcohol when riding my bikes. I can afford the best motorcycle gear because I can not afford hospital bills .... ( yes we have Medicare )
 
The Helite Turtle protects the ribs, spine, coccyx, and organs, and stabilizes the neck.

I won’t ride without it.

Mine deployed once, when parked on the shoulder of the road and another rider pulled up and toppled over onto me. I hit the pavement, my helmet bounced off the tarmac, and while I was on the ground wondering what had just happened, I realized that I was snug as a bug inside my inflated Turtle. It self-deflated within a minute or so. Recharging involves nothing more than swapping out a $25 CO2 cartridge — quick and easy peasy.
 
Helite test video


I have probably 1/2 dozen pairs of boots I wear, several motorcycle specific (short and tall), and several general all purpose boots both waterproof and not. I never ride in gym shoes. For me boots rank last in importance of MC gear..1st helmet, 2nd jacket, 3rd pants, 4th gloves and last boots.
 
where did you get that stat from PD?
 
Well, I didn't give a numerical so not technically a statistic... and I can't point to where I've read it, several places over the years... but a quick google brought up this video...and he throws out some numbers-

 
Keep in mind much of what he mentions is ‘cause of death’- so major grain of salt.

Personally I don’t care much for pain, disability, scaring, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top