new bike???

Guaza14_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Manual for my 2014 says something about a document bag located in the underside of seat and a rubber strap for tool bag. Neither of which came with my bike. Did any of you get that? Also, my tool kit only has an allen key and Phillips driver. Am I missing something here? I asked the sales person who sold me the bike but he didn’t seem to know anything about it. Let me know...thx


tool bag...
6f26b8a05f643b0e85c521ead96e9b3a.jpg

red circles for rubber strap mounts?
567e289fcfc4ef72b01d39c4efd68497.jpg

document bag?
a1800a4ca4b2ffb510ba206c7eb082d9.jpg
 
Isn't there supposed to be a fuse puller too? I can't remember.

The document bag is that sandwich bag. I changed mine with something better.

The tool bag strap is a big O-ring. On the parts list it looks like it has a wierd shape, but in real--O-ring. Dealer should order you one.
 
Being a member of the CB500 Forums, I know that Canada and other countries get a few more tools in the black Vinyl bag:
Screwdriver
Allen key
Fuse puller
Rear shock adjuster with extension
8mm & 12mm crescent wrench
10mm & 14 mm crescent wrench
19mm hex wrench
24mm hex wrench
Helmet lock strap

It reminds me of the Japanese tool kits of the 60s and 70s.

No spark plug wrench though, which makes sense for the CB500X. It takes about a day to remove the seat, all the plastic shrouds, fuel tank, and electrical equipment to reach the valve cover. Only to find the tiny spark plugs are in a very deep, narrow tunnel that requires a special socket.

I put away $20 a week for major maintenance to be done by the dealer to save myself the aggravation. I ride for fun, and working on modern plastic motorcycles is NO FUN. You have to have the hands of a petit oriental girl to get at things, and the arms of a sumo wrestle to remove the air wrenched screws and bolts.
 
Geez Nortoon, the mental image I just got from reading that last sentence..... yikes
 
I don't remember getting the Allen wrench but only got the screwdriver, manual, rubber cord for the tool kit and a fuse puller which can be stored in the fuse box.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So is hondapartshouse.com the best place economically to shop for OEM tools if I wanted to build a kit (no toolkit came with mine)? I like some of the items The Ferret brings to the table for his ride so I'm not looking to purchase every item in the microfiche. I'd just like to be able to adjust my rear shocks or pull a fuse. Maybe I'm answering my own question. I guess I know what I want, I just want to know where to shop for it.
 
A similar thread was posted a couple of years ago.
That was all that came with my CB too, but the dealer ordered in all the missing tools for me at no extra cost.
 
I got the same nearly empty tool bag. :-/

I did however get the dealer to provide me with 2 spark plug wrenches and gave one to my son. He (my son) followed up with a gift of a nice little compact set from CruzTools that fits in the compartment nicely.
 
Back
Top