New bike day!

:D Love my Oxford Heated Grips on mine. Ugly compared to my Triumph grips with the wiring running through the handlebars but they are very toasty.
Nick Tatlow said:
ok, ok, ok.
will think about it once I've got the nasty Oxford heated grips off.
 
Thread starter
[attachment=1048]

Bike now home. Had first short ride (too cold to stay out long) - lovely! Smooth creamy power, I'm going to have a lot of fun on this bike.


Tev62 said:
:D Love my Oxford Heated Grips on mine. Ugly compared to my Triumph grips with the wiring running through the handlebars but they are very toasty.
Nick Tatlow said:
ok, ok, ok.
will think about it once I've got the nasty Oxford heated grips off.

Not keen on the control box on the bars and I'm not intending to be riding it in poor weather but I'll leave it for a while and think about it.
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Image 2026-01-24 at 11.48.58.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2026-01-24 at 11.48.58.webp
    688.1 KB · Views: 106
That is a very sharp looking '13. Hopefully you will post some photos when you get it out in your riding areas. Congrats on finding that beauty!
 
Thread starter
pdedse said:
That is a very sharp looking '13.  Hopefully you will post some photos when you get it out in your riding areas. Congrats on finding that beauty!

Thanks! Did a lot of online searching, was the cheapest one available in UK and only 16 miles away. Is as good as it looks, well cared-for and no issues. Paid equivalent of $4750. My local riding territory is the beautiful Peak District, will post some pics when I can get out there.
 
A belated welcome to the Forum, Nick. You made an incredible entrance with that beautiful motorcycle! David
 
Customized side covers too.
 
Thread starter
Settling in with the CB, still too cold round here to do much, but had a little 35-mile bimble on Monday. What a lovely bike to ride!
Found some RLETs on ebay but still undecided about them.
It's going to my local mechanic soon for a valve-clearance check and all-round health check and then to my bike-detailer for a deep clean and protection and ceramic coating. Am going to pamper this one!
 
Install RLETs before checking valve clearance and detailing

Post measurements of valves clearance before and after, pls‼️
 
Thread starter
peterbaron said:
Install RLETs before checking valve clearance and detailing

Post measurements of valves clearance before and after, pls‼️

Ok, will succumb to peer-pressure and buy the RLETs :D
And will supply photographic evidence. 
I'll ask my mechanic about the clearances.
 
Thread starter
RLETs now fitted. Pictorial evidence on Accessories and Modifications.
Belated thanks all for your welcome to this excellent forum.
I've noted that where some (but not all) images should appear I have a "Content not viewable in your region" banner. I'm in UK. Anyone know what that's about?
 
Could you give a link to an example?
 
So do you get that message with the following picture?

I4NTpY8.jpg
 
pdedse, nothing to do with you or how you gathered and posted the image. Read on ...

I've done a little research. Apparently Imgur has geoblocked the UK in response to the UK's Online Safety Act coming into full force. See this article, but search and there'll be plenty more information.

For Nick, and other UK-based users of this site, this may cause problems viewing pictures on the forum as many of them appear in posts by virtue of being linked to Imgur (or another photo-hosting site). If that doesn't make sense, see max's work on using Imgur.

The problem cannot be rectified by the forum; it's a problem created by Imgur's response to the law in the United Kingdom.

I've created a new thread to let members know about this, so can we please move further discussion over there?
 
Back
Top