New Bike 2.0

xs650boy_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I am very happy to report I have purchased a 2013 CB1100 in Bemidji, Minnesota and will be flying out in July to ride it home to western Oregon. I previously had a 2013 CB1100 along with 5 other beautiful machines that were all lost when everything I owned burned to the ground in the September 2020 Oregon wildfires. The CB1100 is the one that I had to replace as it just does it for me like no other bike. It just does.
 
xs650boy_imp said:
I am very happy to report I have purchased a 2013 CB1100 in Bemidji, Minnesota and will be flying out in July to ride it home to western Oregon. I previously had a 2013 CB1100 along with 5 other beautiful machines that were all lost when everything I owned burned to the ground in the September 2020 Oregon wildfires. The CB1100 is the one that I had to replace as it just does it for me like no other bike. It just does.
Happy to hear you found a replacement. Those fires were aweful and the evac zone came within 5,6 miles of where I live. I've ridden through a number of communities where you can see the blackened remains of trees...and people rebuilding their homes. Hope this CB allows you to regain that "like no other bike" feel.
 
I couldn’t imagine losing everything that you did xs650boy. It’s great you are on the rebound and found your replacement CB1100. If you are happy with the deal, that is all that matters! Besides, it gives you an opportunity to take an interesting trip home!
 
Congratulations xs650boy. I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve had other friends lose everything in fires and it has been heartbreaking for them. Enjoy the ride home. Take pictures and tell us about it.
 
Glad you found a nice one and can make the trip! I'm sorry for the circumstances that made you. Where abouts in Oregon? I haven't rode up by Detroit Lake yet. Spent every summer camping South Shore. Planning a ride this summer and know I'll be wide eyed and teary from more than the wind.
Sparky80_imp said:
Wow... you couldn't find a 2013 CB any closer than Minnesota? They're a pretty common bike (in CB terms) and easy to find. guessing this one... https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-5021675562 It's got low miles... :-/
What's so special about this one that you have to go 2/3 across the country for?
It is an interesting question,

Maybe he has family there? Maybe he wants an adventure?
 
The description says the bike has an aluminum swingarm. Nope

Also says the exhaust has a chrome finish. Nope

I like the part about the cast wheels being light and easy to clean. Yeah, easy to clean but have you picked one up? They aren’t light to me.

Nice bike though. Looks stock except for the windscreen.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The description says the bike has an aluminum swingarm. Nope

Also says the exhaust has a chrome finish. Nope

I like the part about the cast wheels being light and easy to clean. Yeah, easy to clean but have you picked one up? They aren’t light to me.

Nice bike though. Looks stock except for the windscreen.
:rofl:

Some superfluous and incorrect information? Since when has civilian-grade motorcycle cast aluminum wheels been heavier or lighter?
 
koehlerk_imp said:
Glad you found a nice one and can make the trip! I'm sorry for the circumstances that made you. Where abouts in Oregon? I haven't rode up by Detroit Lake yet. Spent every summer camping South Shore. Planning a ride this summer and know I'll be wide eyed and teary from more than the wind.
Sparky80_imp said:
Wow... you couldn't find a 2013 CB any closer than Minnesota? They're a pretty common bike (in CB terms) and easy to find. guessing this one... https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-5021675562 It's got low miles... :-/
What's so special about this one that you have to go 2/3 across the country for?
It is an interesting question,

Maybe he has family there? Maybe he wants an adventure?
It is an interesting question,

Maybe he has family there? Maybe he wants an adventure?
Above is not my original message. Who censored my post without notifying me? I stand by my original words and the ghost edit is not appreciated.

My original post:
It is an interesting question,
Maybe he has family there? Maybe he wants and adventure? Maybe you shouldn't care that much?
 
I moderated it, and your follow up, as it was inflamatory and a personal attack imo and not the kind of posting we want here. You can disagree with someone but you can't be disagreeable or we will step in and moderate as we deem necessary.
 
Koehlerk,

There are only 3 people who can edit your posts, other than you. Mods and the board owner.

Since we do not attack members or call them names, I would imagine one of them edited the post to reflect that. Keep an eye on your PMs. I think you might get one from them explaining board rules.

Just a friendly observation.
Ferret, delete my post if you want as it isn’t needed.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Koehlerk,

There are only 3 people who can edit your posts, other than you. Mods and the board owner.

Since we do not attack members or call them names, I would imagine one of them edited the post to reflect that. Keep an eye on your PMs. I think you might get one from them explaining board rules.

Just a friendly observation.
Ferret, delete my post if you want as it isn’t needed.
Sparky80 implied the original poster was crazy for getting that bike. I simply called him out for his tone. You're moderating the wrong guy here.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
Wow... you couldn't find a 2013 CB any closer than Minnesota? They're a pretty common bike (in CB terms) and easy to find. guessing this one... https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Honda-CB1100-5021675562 It's got low miles... :-/
What's so special about this one that you have to go 2/3 across the country for?
Sparky asked if he couldn't find one closer and wondered what was so special about the one he chose. Which are legitimate questions

(to which you responded "Interesting Question")

Then you went on to get derogatory with your response (which I felt was uncalled for, so I moderated it) before offering possible logical explanations for choosing the bike the OP chose.

My moderation was correct and appropriate, and I stand by it.
 
Back
Top