New 300 & 500 rebel

Bike definitely has a look to appeal to urban riders, must be the new trend this week - see the Triumph bobber also. I'm glad to see some variety in styling, it's been a while. Glad the custom chopper look has finally faded into the background.
 
I got to see this in person at IMS Long Beach yesterday - it definitely looks better in person, leaning more towards the "modern classic" styling of the Ducati Scrambler and Yamaha. These will make great beginner bikes, but I couldn't see myself trading down to this.

On another note, every time I passed by the Honda booth there were lots of admirers of the CB1100 they had on display.
 
I think it's fascinating that while we're all drawn to the styling of the CB1100, we have such divergent views of the 300 and 500. Some love it, some abhor it.
 
Front and back look like two different bikes but they did say it is meant to customize so I see potential there. I like that it looks thrown together in some guy's garage. Just get out and ride. For a lot of humanity on the planet, it really makes sense. People dump so many bikes because the bike is heavy and tall. Get rid of the hideous pipe or paint it with skull and crossbones or your favorite phrase or... I like it. A Harley friend said I am too HONDA. It's really great for a lot of people to just get on and go for a blast. Of course it's not for everyone. Plenty of other Hondas to choose from. One thumbs up tho!
 
It appears that Honda isn't the only one.....
Kawasaki has a new 300cc parallel twin
.
.
Versys-X 300: Kawasaki's New Small and Versatile Overlander - ADV Pulse
.
.
7e9748ac68cb2067b4b1da4241400096.jpg

.
.
 
A little Versys with the 300cc Ninja engine. That should be a fun bike to ride.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
A little Versys with the 300cc Ninja engine. That should be a fun bike to ride.
I have the 650 Versys, so the 300 Versys is interesting to me.

That 650 and I took a little 1,800 mile trip. Very comfortable, after ya change the seat. That 300 might be good for a two lane journey, with a bit of mild off-road riding. Possibilities.....

:biker:

:D
 
glenridgerich_imp said:
I think it looks like a Harley 883 also...but the poor man's version...make that a very poor man's version.
The 883 is not a good motorcycle in any way. It's very heavy, underpowered, no suspension, lousy brakes, vibrates.

The 1200 Sportster is a very good bike if set up right. Good amount of power, decent ride if not lowered.

I've owned both. That 883 is just a dog. The 500 Rebel, I think it's about 45 HP, it'll be plenty of motorcycle for most folks.

I've been putting in a lot of time on my Wolf Classic and I am quite surprised at what 15 HP can do in a bike. I was zipping along the 405 freeway today at 60 mph, 8,000 RPM. Would not spend more than a few minutes on the freeway but in town, or on the tight roads, the thing owns.

I am now seriously considering the CB500F to add to the clan. I really like that 500 engine, 46 HP in a ~400 lb. bike is about right for almost any situation for most riders.
 
Mate of mine has the CB500X and is very pleased with it.
 
Back
Top