New 2014 Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie

use2b_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I am really not happy with the looks of the 2014 Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie but it is lighter than the 2018 Goldwing and the price is right for me at $7999
I can pick one up 200 miles away from a Dealership New with 3 year warranty . Color DARK RED METALLIC
Mileage 0
------interested in any thoughts or advice ----
 
use2b_imp said:
I am really not happy with the looks of the 2014 Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie but it is lighter than the 2018 Goldwing and the price is right for me at $7999
I can pick one up 200 miles away from a Dealership New with 3 year warranty . Color DARK RED METALLIC
Mileage 0
------interested in any thoughts or advice ----
NOT my style , but if you love it = get it:thumbsup:
Good luck,

pb
 
what a bargain. Basically same motor and drive train as the $25 K Goldwings
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
what a bargain. Basically same motor and drive train as the $25 K Goldwings
Still negotiating no added fees but I scapegoated you !
told and showed the wife you just got a new bike and I had 3 last year and now only have 1. :thumbsup:
 
That really is an insane price. If you like it, do it. I don't imagine it will be worth much less than that a few years hence.
 
holy crap....8k for a brand new valkyrie???? i don't care what year it is, that's amazing. if you really want an 1.8L freight train, definitely get it. that bike is just too big to be enjoyable for me, but despite that i'd be tempted just because of what an insane deal that is.
 
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
what a bargain. Basically same motor and drive train as the $25 K Goldwings
Still negotiating no added fees but I scapegoated you !
told and showed the wife you just got a new bike and I had 3 last year and now only have 1. :thumbsup:
Still negotiating no added fees but I scapegoated you !
told and showed the wife you just got a new bike and I had 3 last year and now only have 1. :thumbsup:
LOL you're welcome :thumbsup:
 
If you can get over the looks and don’t mind the riding position it looks like a steal.

Personally, I have learned my lesson to avoid rationalizing purchase decisions for motorcycles. Somehow I always end up selling the bikes that I “justified” to myself, but keep the bikes I lust after.
 
use2b_imp said:
I am really not happy with the looks of the 2014 Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie but it is lighter than the 2018 Goldwing and the price is right for me at $7999
I can pick one up 200 miles away from a Dealership New with 3 year warranty . Color DARK RED METALLIC
Mileage 0
------interested in any thoughts or advice ----
Beautiful bike, is that the one the dealer has for sale and is that a factory or aftermarket windshield.
 
I for one "like" the looks of the Valkyrie. I considered one that had a discount on it but nowhere near what you're getting. I think it would be a great nakit (sic) mile eater with a couple of saddle bags and a waterproof duffle behind the rider.

I'm glad it's not located locally or I would be down there with my debit card and a serious look on my face.
 
My buddy who has always been a sport bike guy got one a couple? of years ago to drag his wife around. He loves it and is still quite fast in the mnts on the behemoth. He is a serial bike purchaser/trader and still has it. Long as I have known him to keep any bike.

I have ridden it once briefly and was impressed. For as big as it is it certainly doesn't feel like it. At that price...worth a shot.
 
I have had my eye on one for months now. The last communication I had with the dealer was right at $10k. At the price you are looking at, I would jump on it. I like the look of the bike.
 
These are the lightest, most nimble way to enjoy the GL1800 engine. These handle amazing! You can still order new 2014s from Honda. We had a customer do just that yesterday.
 
Thread starter
just got home with it and it is a blast . sits low and handles amazing , not top heavy at all as i can lean it ether way with ease. only got to ride 15 min before a thunder storm hit but tomorrow will be fun . very comfortable seating position , legroom and handlebar location so i will not change a thing = may not sleep tonight
 
Back
Top