NEW 2014: CB 1100, CB 1100 EX

cbdtran_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Man, if we are lucky enough to get that one... I'll be down at the dealer trading in my '13 faster
than you can say... WOW! The '13 is great... but this red '14 is perfect.
Im satisfied with my red 13. the 6th gear of the 14 won't justify a 4K USD difference in total cost but it is tempting unless it has far more power.

I walk out my house and mount the bike instead of getting in my car ... NOW ... when you remind me of it.
Im satisfied with my red 13. the 6th gear of the 14 won't justify a 4K USD difference in total cost but it is tempting unless it has far more power.

I walk out my house and mount the bike instead of getting in my car ... NOW ... when you remind me of it.
I don't know.... 6 speeds, twin exhaust, bigger tank, color coordinated side covers, double walled header pipes with a cleaner 'waterfall', nicer seat, spoke wheels, upgraded instrumentation. That's a lot of newness... It might be worth it... taking a great bike and making it 'perfect'.
Im satisfied with my red 13. the 6th gear of the 14 won't justify a 4K USD difference in total cost but it is tempting unless it has far more power.

I walk out my house and mount the bike instead of getting in my car ... NOW ... when you remind me of it.
I don't know.... 6 speeds, twin exhaust, bigger tank, color coordinated side covers, double walled header pipes with a cleaner 'waterfall', nicer seat, spoke wheels, upgraded instrumentation. That's a lot of newness... It might be worth it... taking a great bike and making it 'perfect'.
And... If they offer it in red, my wife wouldn't even realize that I traded the '13 in for the '14. And then all of my bikes would be 5 years apart... See how this can all be justified?
 
(Yesterday 10:54 PM)gheil Wrote:


I don't know.... 6 speeds, twin exhaust, bigger tank, color coordinated side covers, double walled header pipes with a cleaner 'waterfall', nicer seat, spoke wheels, upgraded instrumentation. That's a lot of newness... It might be worth it... taking a great bike and making it 'perfect'.


Well, since you put it like that.... :banana:
 
That would also be hard to resist, but I don't see it happening.
 
Yeah, so, guys. These bikes are not coming to the U.S. Definitely not for 2014.

It all makes sense now... I'm thinking the only reason the one we got even came here is to clear inventory on the last year of production before re-tooling for the refresh. We might see these in three years. In one color. Maybe.
 
AzBob_imp said:
Yeah, so, guys. These bikes are not coming to the U.S. Definitely not for 2014.

It all makes sense now... I'm thinking the only reason the one we got even came here is to clear inventory on the last year of production before re-tooling for the refresh. We might see these in three years. In one color. Maybe.
Is that an opinion or fact? If it's an opinion, i agree. If it's fact, I'm not surprised.
 
Greg Davis_imp said:
CB4ME_imp said:
I stole this piture from Tink on the other 2014 CB1100 thread because this bike is so nice that it deserves a place on this thread too. Enjoy!

41e3ec66f3fc47f98bc67ea490006610.jpg
Love the looks of spokes, pipes and color coordinated side panels.
Love the looks of spokes, pipes and color coordinated side panels.
Sold my 2013 Have to have spokes, two pipes, color coordinated side panels, etc. Going to wait for a 2014 or whenever they decide to bring the spoke, two exhaust pipe CB to US>
 
That my friends is what you call a man who knows what he wants...and an optimist! lol
 
In the shorttime I have owned mine it is apparent the extra gear would be an advantage, fortunately petrol sations are generally within range though 17.5 litres would be a good tank size. Don`t like the spoke wheels and I have a black tank so I am nearly there and seeing how I just parted with a lot of hard earned to buy the model I have an after market sprocket/s and an MSR tank as used by another member is the way to go for me.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
In the shorttime I have owned mine it is apparent the extra gear would be an advantage, fortunately petrol sations are generally within range though 17.5 litres would be a good tank size. Don`t like the spoke wheels and I have a black tank so I am nearly there and seeing how I just parted with a lot of hard earned to buy the model I have an after market sprocket/s and an MSR tank as used by another member is the way to go for me.
I don't care about the 6th gear, and would rather have a smaller tank, however the spokes, are a must and the pipes are a must. I will find a CB 1100 with spokes and four into two exhaust, somewhere, even if I have to buy one outside the US and import it.
 
Are there aftermarket spoked wheels available for our bike? I have not heard of any but that would be cool beans. The exhaust can be had too.
 
I know I have seen at least one pic of a 2013 or earlier CB1100 with spoked wheels from the aftermarket. As for a 4 into 2 exhaust, there are tons of option available.
 
I hope they will bring the EX to US, after (in my view) they failed with 2013 model.
I was so exited when they announced CB1100F retro and could not wait to see it.
I went to Tokyo motor show in 2009 and came back very disappointed.
Did not like:
4-1 exhaust
Tiny seat
Side covers (shape & color)
Turn signals
Chain guard (cheap peace of plastic)

I understand that 2013 was not slam dunk, but if I could find this Japanese version I would buy it in a heart beat.


The 2014 EX is much closer to the retro image that we are missing today.
I think I will go for it.
 
chi444_imp said:
I hope they will bring the EX to US, after (in my view) they failed with 2013 model.
I was so exited when they announced CB1100F retro and could not wait to see it.
I went to Tokyo motor show in 2009 and came back very disappointed.
Did not like:
4-1 exhaust
Tiny seat
Side covers (shape & color)
Turn signals
Chain guard (cheap peace of plastic)

I understand that 2013 was not slam dunk, but if I could find this Japanese version I would buy it in a heart beat.


The 2014 EX is much closer to the retro image that we are missing today.
I think I will go for it.
 
That blue one looks great!! I agree that the 2013 was not a slam dunk... but then, what ever is? Motorcycles, cars, boats, c-phones, computers... you name it, always seem to get better with every passing version. I love my CB... my other bikes too... but I will be in line to trade my '13 in if we get the EX as billed. Why? Because it will be much improved. Slam dunk? Probably not... because then the 2015 will arrive and it might be even better.
 
Greg Davis_imp said:
chi444_imp said:
I hope they will bring the EX to US, after (in my view) they failed with 2013 model.
I was so exited when they announced CB1100F retro and could not wait to see it.
I went to Tokyo motor show in 2009 and came back very disappointed.
Did not like:
4-1 exhaust
Tiny seat
Side covers (shape & color)
Turn signals
Chain guard (cheap peace of plastic)

I understand that 2013 was not slam dunk, but if I could find this Japanese version I would buy it in a heart beat.


The 2014 EX is much closer to the retro image that we are missing today.
I think I will go for it.
If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place, LOL. :D

The 2013 model is far from a failure, it is an excellent bike. I like the bike just the way it is.

I do not like spokes, (they look OK, but very high maintenance), try cleaning them.

I like the 4 into 1 better than the 4 into 2, (4 into 2 would not be a deal breaker for me). Most riders end up with a 4 into 1 at some point when modding the bike.

I like the modern seat much better than the bench seat of old.

Not sure what is wrong with the side covers or turn signals, to me they blend nicely with the lines of the bike.

Frankly, I did not notice the chain guard was made of plastic, didn't stand out.

I see the 2013 as a contemporary version of the old CB line, it does not need to be a carbon copy of the old bikes, but a modern, improved, (in my opinion), version of the older bikes.

This bike is what the designers intended it to be, and I, for one, feel that they achieved their goals.

Alas, to each his own. The really nice thing about the CB is, that you can make it what you want it to be, in my case, it will take very little modification, if any.

The only things on the 2014 that I might like to have are the instrument panel and gear indicator, but not enough to say I am in any way disappointed with the 2013 version.

Cheers, :beerchug:
 
Although I don't consider the 2013 a miss, there are some things about the 2014EX that really appeal to me. In particular the larger fuel tank, the 4 into 2 exhaust, and the gear indicator. I would not complain about the 6 th gear, but don't feel it necessary. I like the look of the spokes but prefer the mags. I understand the bars are 1" taller as well, which might be good.

When I was as my dealer Christmas eve, I asked about the new model. He had not heard of it, nor had he heard if Honda was going to have any 2014 CB 1100s. He did have a 2014 Full model range brochure and there was a CB1100 in it, but it was listed as a 2013 model in the brochure. Not sure what that means.

Regardless I am not dissapointed in the least in my 2013, and Zi am thrilled to have gotten it.
 
Back
Top