Never wash your bike again !!

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I had one of these rags for over 20 years they are great I just bought 2 new ones with cleaner. But you can just use rag with no cleaner ! Just wet rag ring out and wipe bike down I never use water hose and soap and water. Hope this helps some people!
9df3e549a425f1fb8c330a66c59e697f.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
These rags are unreal! My old old honda shop used then on there new bikes so I bought one years ago u just wet rag ring out water and wipe your bike if it streaks the rag is to wet ring out again and wipe. Will save you time and your bike will shine!!
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lol, that's what I was thinking.

I was all excited thinking we could now use 'snake oil' in our engines, supplied by the same company.

Do people actually wash their bikes then? :(
I was each bike once a year, whether they need it or not. The CB750 got its spring bath last week and the CB11 gets its birthday bath tomorrow.

Since it rarely rains here in the desert, the primary problem is that the bikes get dusty. For that I use a California Car Duster. It uses wax impregnated yarn to smoothly lift dust off the paintwork. Works great.

http://www.calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp
 
Washed the dried mud and water spots off the bike, polished the chrome with Eagle One polishing wadding, used a cleaner and wax on the painted bits and generally cleaned up the rest of the shiny stuff. I use these kinds of wring out and wipe chamois all the time, and they are pretty good. Sadly, I rode home last night in the sleet,and the bike is filthy and covered in water spots and general grime. Time for another cleaning tomorrow.
 
Thread starter
I live in the country far out in the sticks for real this rag works great. Buy one try it you will love it. It's fast and easy bugs wipe right off.
Michel


3 rights make a left
 
I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but around twelve years ago I was co-instructor on an advanced training ride with my former boss. The student was raving about these 'magic cloths' he was importing from America.

After some pretty boring demonstrations of bike and helmet scrubbing we were each presented with a cloth to keep, which was nice.

As I sit here in 2014, these same cloths are now simply known as 'microfibres cloths' and can be bought for pence anywhere.

$22 for a pack of three seems a bit steep, in this day and age. That is unless you get a free bottle of snake oil bundled with it!:D
 
Can of Mr Sheen (furniture polish) and cotton rags. I think a can is $3, lasts a couple months...clean, degrease, polish all in one.
 
Aussie_imp said:
Can of Mr Sheen (furniture polish) and cotton rags. I think a can is $3, lasts a couple months...clean, degrease, polish all in one.
"Oh Mr Sheen, oh Mr Sheen
It's the.................."

Cheers
 

I was a kid in the 80s and we used to sing a song to this tune but with different lyrics, which I won't repeat :angel:
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but around twelve years ago I was co-instructor on an advanced training ride with my former boss. The student was raving about these 'magic cloths' he was importing from America.

After some pretty boring demonstrations of bike and helmet scrubbing we were each presented with a cloth to keep, which was nice.

As I sit here in 2014, these same cloths are now simply known as 'microfibres cloths' and can be bought for pence anywhere.

$22 for a pack of three seems a bit steep, in this day and age. That is unless you get a free bottle of snake oil bundled with it!:D
I have lots of micro rags. This rag I am talking about is not that. I'm not asking anyone to buy them I don't make anything off of them. Just trying to help out fellow members clean their bikes. We have the #1 honda dealer in the nation men, kids and women sit on them hands all over tanks etc y'all know how it is. I ask them how do you keep these bikes so shinny and always looks like fresh wax job! They handed me a rag. I keep one under my seat after a days ride where I am I can wet rag wipe down my bike in less than 5 min looks new again. No streaks your micro rags will do that with out streaking with just water great deal for penny's but the micro rags I buy for penny's don't work they streak and tend to scratch!! I'm very picky with my bikes! Got my wife a new 2012 honda accord it's never seen a water hose I just wipe it down with my damp green rag. Made in Baton Rouge that's the Deep South for ya lol. Maybe a few will try this rag if not we will move on to another helpfull idea :) great forum keep up the good work everyone
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but around twelve years ago I was co-instructor on an advanced training ride with my former boss. The student was raving about these 'magic cloths' he was importing from America.

After some pretty boring demonstrations of bike and helmet scrubbing we were each presented with a cloth to keep, which was nice.

As I sit here in 2014, these same cloths are now simply known as 'microfibres cloths' and can be bought for pence anywhere.

$22 for a pack of three seems a bit steep, in this day and age. That is unless you get a free bottle of snake oil bundled with it!:D
I have lots of micro rags. This rag I am talking about is not that. I'm not asking anyone to buy them I don't make anything off of them. Just trying to help out fellow members clean their bikes. We have the #1 honda dealer in the nation men, kids and women sit on them hands all over tanks etc y'all know how it is. I ask them how do you keep these bikes so shinny and always looks like fresh wax job! They handed me a rag. I keep one under my seat after a days ride where I am I can wet rag wipe down my bike in less than 5 min looks new again. No streaks your micro rags will do that with out streaking with just water great deal for penny's but the micro rags I buy for penny's don't work they streak and tend to scratch!! I'm very picky with my bikes! Got my wife a new 2012 honda accord it's never seen a water hose I just wipe it down with my damp green rag. Made in Baton Rouge that's the Deep South for ya lol. Maybe a few will try this rag if not we will move on to another helpfull idea :) great forum keep up the good work everyone
Michael
I have lots of micro rags. This rag I am talking about is not that. I'm not asking anyone to buy them I don't make anything off of them. Just trying to help out fellow members clean their bikes. We have the #1 honda dealer in the nation men, kids and women sit on them hands all over tanks etc y'all know how it is. I ask them how do you keep these bikes so shinny and always looks like fresh wax job! They handed me a rag. I keep one under my seat after a days ride where I am I can wet rag wipe down my bike in less than 5 min looks new again. No streaks your micro rags will do that with out streaking with just water great deal for penny's but the micro rags I buy for penny's don't work they streak and tend to scratch!! I'm very picky with my bikes! Got my wife a new 2012 honda accord it's never seen a water hose I just wipe it down with my damp green rag. Made in Baton Rouge that's the Deep South for ya lol. Maybe a few will try this rag if not we will move on to another helpfull idea :) great forum keep up the good work everyone
Michael
If I was in America I'd probably try them, just for the hell of it.

Baton Rouge; reminds me of Sons of Guns.

"Miracle cleaning cloths, no streakin' an uh piccatinny rail fitted for good measure, ain't never bin dun befower!" :D
 
Pterodactyl & Aussie,

It is said that Mark Latham used to call Kevin Rudd Mr Sheen.

Warning: this post may contain Australian humour.
 
Back
Top