Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator?

Thread starter
1973cb750_imp said:
cant you unlpug it for a test run ?
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
 
Inevitably I will be proven wrong, but I don’t recall talk of anyone on this forum using one of those.
 
TonyJames_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
cant you unlpug it for a test run ?
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
i heard that some where but never tried it

i bet a person could use a speado healer to read lower than actual i have a speedo healer on another bike and it has to setups that are easily changeable but im not sure it that would through a code i wouldn't think so
 
Someone should look into how to clone the ECU

Copying the file has to be easier than actually modifying the settings within. That work is already done.
 
Thread starter
1973cb750_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
cant you unlpug it for a test run ?
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
i heard that some where but never tried it

i bet a person could use a speado healer to read lower than actual i have a speedo healer on another bike and it has to setups that are easily changeable but im not sure it that would through a code i wouldn't think so
if you're referring to unplugging the speedometer or wheel speed sensor it will go into a "limp" mode and it limits the rpm a lot, only way to get past the speed limiter is either a ecu reflash or tricking the ecu into thinking you're going a slower speed with a speedo healer or some other module from what I've gathered. and I've tried to use a speedo healer but i was never successful on getting it to work without the check engine light coming on and it going into the limp mode
i heard that some where but never tried it

i bet a person could use a speado healer to read lower than actual i have a speedo healer on another bike and it has to setups that are easily changeable but im not sure it that would through a code i wouldn't think so
yeah I would have though it would be fairly simple too but I did a lot of research on the speedo healer after I got it and used the wiring diagram for the bike tested different wires and even tried different locations on the bike to set the speedo healer up but for some reason it has always thrown a code and limit the rpm a lot and not run as well as it should. unless someone knows a way to get it to work that i don't know of.
 
Out of curiosity, under what circumstances are you guys running a CB1100 over 112mph? Not judging, just curious...
 
tommymck_imp said:
Out of curiosity, under what circumstances are you guys running a CB1100 over 112mph? Not judging, just curious...
i want to do a standing mile event with mine but thatl never happen with the limiter
 
1973cb750_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Out of curiosity, under what circumstances are you guys running a CB1100 over 112mph? Not judging, just curious...
i want to do a standing mile event with mine but thatl never happen with the limiter
i want to do a standing mile event with mine but thatl never happen with the limiter

Nice. I’ve been to a few airport runway speed events - but never on a bike, just in my cars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m in sc_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Out of curiosity, under what circumstances are you guys running a CB1100 over 112mph? Not judging, just curious...
top of 3rd gear, going into 4th.. is usually the situation for me, running with my buddy on his z900. he likes to just go to 115, hold it there and do the slow walk away. lol.
:biker::rofl:
top of 3rd gear, going into 4th.. is usually the situation for me, running with my buddy on his z900. he likes to just go to 115, hold it there and do the slow walk away. lol.
:biker::rofl:

Made me laugh.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
 
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
 
rich_imp said:
could we just fill in every other slot in the trigger wheel
ECU may think we are going half fast:rofl:
I've done a few half-fast things in my life, but this is so crazy, it might just work.
In a half-fast way. . . :D
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
this is good to know. I was eyeballing that all year. glad it actually works. any insight as to things to watch out for on install?
There where a few things that made it confusing but you can just translate the install guide from Japanese to what ever you can read, then the other obstacle was that in japan they seem to have a slightly different wiring harness and ecu so you will need the wiring diagram to figure out which wire you need to cut and connect to the module. other than that just need to make sure you do a good job on soldering the connections.
GoldOxide_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
so with no speed limiter my stock bike will now go 140mph on the top of 4th but that's where the speedometer stops and it seems to slow down to 135 in 5th so there is some tuning that needs to be done to go any faster.
 
TonyJames_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
this is good to know. I was eyeballing that all year. glad it actually works. any insight as to things to watch out for on install?
There where a few things that made it confusing but you can just translate the install guide from Japanese to what ever you can read, then the other obstacle was that in japan they seem to have a slightly different wiring harness and ecu so you will need the wiring diagram to figure out which wire you need to cut and connect to the module. other than that just need to make sure you do a good job on soldering the connections.
GoldOxide_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
so with no speed limiter my stock bike will now go 140mph on the top of 4th but that's where the speedometer stops and it seems to slow down to 135 in 5th so there is some tuning that needs to be done to go any faster.
There where a few things that made it confusing but you can just translate the install guide from Japanese to what ever you can read, then the other obstacle was that in japan they seem to have a slightly different wiring harness and ecu so you will need the wiring diagram to figure out which wire you need to cut and connect to the module. other than that just need to make sure you do a good job on soldering the connections.
GoldOxide_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
so with no speed limiter my stock bike will now go 140mph on the top of 4th but that's where the speedometer stops and it seems to slow down to 135 in 5th so there is some tuning that needs to be done to go any faster. That was my question....if the speedometer stays accurate. Good deal.
 
Randy B_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
this is good to know. I was eyeballing that all year. glad it actually works. any insight as to things to watch out for on install?
There where a few things that made it confusing but you can just translate the install guide from Japanese to what ever you can read, then the other obstacle was that in japan they seem to have a slightly different wiring harness and ecu so you will need the wiring diagram to figure out which wire you need to cut and connect to the module. other than that just need to make sure you do a good job on soldering the connections.
GoldOxide_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
so with no speed limiter my stock bike will now go 140mph on the top of 4th but that's where the speedometer stops and it seems to slow down to 135 in 5th so there is some tuning that needs to be done to go any faster.
There where a few things that made it confusing but you can just translate the install guide from Japanese to what ever you can read, then the other obstacle was that in japan they seem to have a slightly different wiring harness and ecu so you will need the wiring diagram to figure out which wire you need to cut and connect to the module. other than that just need to make sure you do a good job on soldering the connections.
GoldOxide_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
TonyJames_imp said:
I've been researching how to take my speed limiter off on my 2013 cb1100 and since guhls motors no longer does that i was wondering if anyone has used the special agent Negotiator-S Speed Pulse Modulator and if it works well and easy to install?

Special Agent : Negotiator-S Limiter Cut [SA-SPM-0025-00]
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
UPDATE: I pulled the trigger on it and after a little bit of translating and double checking the wiring diagram of the bike I was able to get it all wired up and it works great no issues and no more speed limiter
Interesting. What might a ground velocity of 180 km/h (112 mph) look like on the speed dial?
so with no speed limiter my stock bike will now go 140mph on the top of 4th but that's where the speedometer stops and it seems to slow down to 135 in 5th so there is some tuning that needs to be done to go any faster. That was my question....if the speedometer stays accurate. Good deal.
I reckon with some spare time, one could take a Raspberry Pi Zero and a wee bit of interfacing hardware and leverage the Honda sensors and design up a reliable and accurate (and re-configurable) speedo computer. Can probably do it with a much less embedded system. The Zero W already comes with WiFi built-in, which is useful.
 
Back
Top