Need tires.

Gone in 60_imp said:
E11, my stockers look like yours. Looking forward to similar new tire goodness as soon as I can find time to get 'em changed!
With the rot cracks inside the grooves too?

I guess my rear had some life left on it, but my front was a no-go ever since I noticed the threads showing down the middle a few weeks ago.

You will be pleasantly surprised :thumbsup:
 
I'm not showing threads on the front, but I've got the little cracks in the tread. And starting to feel some unsettling side-stepping here and there recently. I'm going to stick with the Triumph until I can line up with my tire guy.
 
Probably the right thing to do, specially if you got a spare bike. I figured this was at least 6 year old rubber, maybe closer to 10 worst case scenario, but I forgot to check the dates on the old set. Definitely not good running tires to this point, so shame on me.

Hope your guy has tricks and tools to get the front tire to sit, it was nearly folding/kinking on the inside. CycleGear had basically given up on it, half an hour before closing, too. I had to RUN to a nearby tire shop and help a pro get it done in 2 minutes. Best $20 I ever spent!
 
Thread starter
SCCBrider_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
Tried Pirelli Angel GT pair ... ok tire, but not as good as Bridgestone Battlax T31 which lasted longer. On my last set of PR3's for another 6000k, then will probably go back to Battlax T31's,
Great, thanks for that bit of advise. I have been looking at those to.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
SCCBrider_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Now that's a brilliant idea. That sounds like what I will do. Thanks a lot.
Great, thanks for that bit of advise. I have been looking at those to.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
SCCBrider_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Now that's a brilliant idea. That sounds like what I will do. Thanks a lot.
E11even_Hunnit, Wooohooo...I just got the email conformation and looks like I got the set for $231.56. I got another $10 off for signing up with them.
:excited:
 
I'd like to know what is the production date...4 digits, ie 4719 = 47th week of '19 year. TY.
 
1st post here for me. Been lurking this forum since I first picked up my 2013 CB1100 that I Pre-Ordered before it came to the States. My VIN is 212 here in Florida.
I'm an avid rider and have owned many bikes. R1's, CBR's, Ninjas and a few AMC Harleys back in the day.

I 'm also anti "Social Media". This forum is different though. I just had to post a reply after reading the "Need New Tires". I ordered the Pirelli Angel GT Tires. Great find.

As always, what a great informative Forum. I click on it every day.

Anyways, I'm posting about some Stands I just received Front Head and Rear to help remove the wheels to save money.

I found these on Amazon for $184 shipped the other day. Just put them together and they are as nice as the Pit Bulls I gave away when I sold my 1999 Carburetor R1. That bike was scary fun !

Includes 10 PINS. I'm not trying to advocate this company in any way, but I think they are pretty decent stands for the money.. Front and Rear. They only have 4 left in stock.

The Brand name is GPI Industries.

Anyways, just wanted to post a good deal

 
Welcome TowerDog. Thanks for the info about the stands.

It’s good you decided to post. The more the merrier. We’d like to think we’re not like the average social media site. We have standards and lots of stuff like that.

I’ll add your VIN to the register later.
 
Miss my sexy Pitbull rear stand, and the boxed swingarm that sat on it with a fat 190 tire. The R1 certainly is lots of scary fun. Miss mine dearly.

A centerstand certainly makes the job easier. Thanks for sharing
 
When I look on Amazon they want $249.99. And only 3 left.
 
I'm sorry, I found them on Amazon but purchased through their website. I got the Silver Set Factory Blemished for $184 delivered. Looks like they raised the sale price up a bit. I guess I got lucky.

I measured the The Triple Tree Hole on my Bike with a Caliper and it measured very close to 24mm. One of the 10 Pins I got was numbered "24". Imagine that. No secret code system to figure out what size Pin to get by inputting your Bikes Make and Model. The Honda CB1100 never shows up on any of the lists.. I don't understand Pit Bulls system for Pin size.


P.S. I didn't have to remove the Horns or move the Brake Lines
 
Had my Pirelli Angel GT Tires 160/60ZR/18 and 110/80ZR18 Tires mounted and balanced on the 2013 CB1100 Wheels here at the local Honda Dealer. Cost me $145 with wheels on hand. Had them put new Valve Stems on too. Not a scratch on the Rims. No balancing weights needed on the front and 3 small weights added to the rear. I'm happy they would install them. They had (3) 2020 Red and White Honda Monkeys on hand. So tempted to put some money down on one of them. I talked myself out of it. They were asking way too much.

Took me a little while to mount the rear wheel on the Bike. It was a bit tight with little tolerance of the chain and the Swingarm mounted Rear Brake Caliper and Bushings. Just got to line it up correctly and take your time. Added EBC Sintered Pads Front and Rear. Didn't really need them, but what the heck. They grip very nicely so far for the short milage I put on them..

Front wheel wasn’t bad at all. So happy the Stock Manual had a Front Wheel install procedure. Tightening , loosen and compress the forks type thing. I'm glad I actually read the manual. Time to see how it rides.

It was about 9:30 P.M. after install and I was ready for a spin around my small quiet neighborhood here on the FL Panhandle Gulf of Mexico to make sure the Wheels and Brakes get seated. Both Tires and the Brakes felt pretty good. Happy Camper so far.

Then the night took a downfall. Came around a corner in my neighborhood road not speeding. There was a vehicle stopped right in the middle of the road and I hit the brakes. The occupants were talking to some girls. I was there for about 15 seconds waiting for the vehicle to move over. They never did. I passed on left side. Car looked like a 2009 version Chevy Trailblazer.

Seconds later…… this Vehicle came at me full throttle High Beams on and within 3 feet of my Rear Wheel. I thought I was going to get rammed from behind. Then the Blue Lights came on from inside the windshield. I pulled over instantly with his vehicle 1 foot from my back wheel at the stop. Obviously an unmarked covert piece of junk looking local Police Spec Ops Unit Vehicle. I live in a Military area and I too was Active Duty with the Air Force and Combat Comm for many years. TDY 300 days out of the year and been deployed to 6 different Countries. Riding Motorcycles in Germany was a blast ! I am 54 Years old now and still with the Air Force doing Comm work. Air Force almost 32 Years now for me.

This guy was obviously just recently retired AF and still thinks he is in the War Zone. Now a Civilian and able to wear Fatigues again with the Police Sector as SWAT or Special Tactics with our local Police Department. Can't help to think that he wishes he was still Patrolling some of the cuss holes a lot of us have been to. This guy came at me quickly at the stop with flashlight beam in my eyes and hand on his side arm with retainer latch unsnapped. He had full fatigues on. He said I was driving recklessly and wanted to see my Driver's License. I gave it to him.

He said he was going to have my 2013 CB1100 towed because I didn’t have a Motorcycle Endorsement. Must be so new to the Force, he didn’t know how to read a Driver's License. I have been Licensed to ride motorcycles since I was 16 years old. I didn’t get my 1st vehicle with 4 wheels till I was 28 years old. I told him it is on the License but he disagreed and had to call it in.

He came back from his vehicle and told me to slow down. And that was that…. My 3rd time ever getting pulled over by Police in my Life and I am 54 years old. This guy was an A**. I have the most respect for all Police Officers, but no doubt there are a few bad Apples out there with attitude..

I've got 2.5 miles on the new Tires and Brake Pads. That experience just put a bad taste in my mouth and haven't ridden it in 3 Days. And that is that. Also it's so HOT here !

Sticky Tires are Good.

P.S.

I've been wanting another Honda CBR600RR, Dealer said a Final Version is expected and that will be the last of the CBR600's. Anyone here have any more information about this?

Thank you all for best Motorcycle Forum Ever
 
TowerDawg, doesn’t sound like one of life’s better experiences. At least he didn’t hit you. With the car that is.
 
Wow, that was a tough experience! Reading your story, I was expecting it to end up in "I went down because my tires were slippery". That took a left turn.

Last time I got pulled over was about five years ago. I had pulled around a permanent street barricade that blocks cars from entering a park access road that conveniently goes right into my condo complex. He was cool, and said "I know you see us going around the barricade on our police bikes, but we really don't want everyone to do it." I pointed to my house and said I had to pee really bad, which wasn't a lie. He said "Then get your butt home before you pee your pants!"

It was dark, and a moment before he lit me up, I was thinking "Why is this dude in a Charger tailgaiting me in a park?" I had forgotten that our town had just switched from Crown Vics to Chargers.

In any case, don't let it get you down, man. I just had a "Karen moment" in the local grocery store a few days ago that didn't end well, and I hate humanity in general. And enjoy the new Pirellis. I certainly am enjoying mine!
 
That is ugly. Sorry it happened to you. I prescribe a ride in the country to get beyond it. And welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:
 
I am 68 yrs old. I haven’t had a ticket in 48 years. Probably because I’m white.
I have been pulled over twice by the Washington State Patrol for the same offense. Almost ten years apart. Both times in my car. Each time I was pulled over, the WSP marked car was right behind me at a red light. I turned left on the red light onto the freeway entrance. Two different places on the freeway. Both in Olympia, the state capitol. First time was a young officer, the second was at least fifty.
Each time, the officer approached my window, and said “Do you know why I pulled you over?” Each time I responded “I have no idea.”

Each then proceeded to tell me it was illegal to make a left turn on a red light. The first time, I politely said “I am quit confident that it is, in fact, legal to do it when you are turning from a two-way street onto a one-way street, there is no oncoming traffic, And there is no sign specifically saying you can’t. Furthermore, I said, I get irritated when I am stuck behind drivers NOT making the turn on the red. In addition, I told him, I had bet my wife $1,000 that it is legal to do it. He said “You owe your wife $1,000 and stop getting annoyed at the other drivers. Have a nice day.” He was quite pleasant, and didn’t write me a ticket.

You know how larger newspapers have a write-in column where you can ask traffic law questions? I wrote to the Tacoma News Tribune the next day. A month later, they published my question with an answer from a State Patrol captain. (My question was edited by the newspaper to not include the part about being pulled over.). The captain said “That might be the least well-known traffic law in the state. Traffic would flow much better if all DRIVERS knew the traffic laws.”

Years later, I get pulled over again for the same scofflaw activity. This time, the officer mentions immediately that he is recording our conversation. Again, I politely explain that what I am doing is quite legal. “In fact, I have a newspaper column in my glove compartment that says just that, and actually includes my name as the person asking the question.” I’m surprised when he says he doesn’t want to see it because he knows I am wrong. He then walks around the car and says he can also issue me a ticket for obscuring my license plate on my Volvo with a bicycle rack.

Now I’m annoyed. I ask him to make certain he records what I am about to say. “i just told you that I have a written, and published, statement from a senior WSP commander that directly contradicts what you are accusing me of. You refuse to even glance at it. So...PLEASE write me up for the supposed offense, as well as the obscured license plate. And save the recording of our interaction. It will be subpoenaed by my attorney (I’ve never hired an attorney in my life), as well as the newspapers I contact BEFORE the hearing, that request it under the Freedom of Information laws. They will want to carefully review it before they send reporters to cover my day in court. And you just might want to give a heads up to your supervisor. I think he or she will see this as a “learning opportunity “ for you. But, hey, maybe I’m wrong! One of us is...”

I didn’t get a ticket. Even for the obscured license plate.

White privilege.
 
Please show me where it is legal to make a left on red.

And no, a newspaper clipping is not legal proof whatsoever so no surprise he would dismiss it completely and not waste his time.


...and yea, he could have 100% legally wrote you for plate obstruction.


I would have wrote you both tickets and let the court sort it out.


People who give the cops a hard time are part of the reasons cops give us a hard time automatically.

:@
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Please show me where it is legal to make a left on red.

And no, a newspaper clipping is not legal proof whatsoever so no surprise he would dismiss it completely and not waste his time.


...and yea, he could have 100% legally wrote you for plate obstruction.


I would have wrote you both tickets and let the court sort it out.


People who give the cops a hard time are part of the reasons cops give us a hard time automatically.

:@
It's legal in Texas.

Texas Transportation Code § 544.007. Traffic-Control Signals in General
(d)(2)turn left, if the intersecting streets are both one-way streets and a left turn is permissible.



Looks like it's legal in Washington State too.

"State Patrol trooper Keith Trowbridge directed the reader to section 46.61.055 of the Revised Code of Washington.

That allows drivers at a “steady circular red signal” to make a “left turn from a one-way or two-way street into a one-way street carrying traffic in the direction of the left turn,” according to the code. That turn must be made after stopping and isn’t legal if a posted sign prohibits the movement."
 
So you would have written me both tickets, Powerdubs?

That is a big fail. Fact, not opinion.

It is legal in Washington. The column quoted his superior saying it is. The trooper CHOSE to ignore it.

I guess you are saying police that don’t know the laws in their jurisdiction can cite citizens for whatever they want, law or no law, and “let the courts sort it out”.

I don’t guess you are saying that. You ARE saying that!

And it is wrong on so many levels. You don’t seem capable of understanding that so I’ll guess at your occupation?

Suggesting that I should roll over for a ticket for violating an imaginary traffic law is tantamount to saying “We are the police! Do what we say even if we don’t know what we are talking about. Because we have guns.”

The trooper telling me he would find another violation since the first one wouldn’t stick is immature, childish, abuse of authority and certainly not “de-escalating”.

I doubt we could be more diametrically opposed on this. Glad we didn’t cross paths while you were working.
 
I am not judging this traffic regulation but I do not think a cop is obliged to read a piece of a newspaper to justify if he or you is right or wrong, as this (paper) is not the HTA (Canada).
>
I understand that;
* you were on a two-way street = T intersection with a solid red, and you could only go left or right?
* theoretically you would have a vehicle from your R, either going straight forward (freeway) or making a L-turn into your two-way street, where you were stopped at a solid red?
Correct? Intersection hand sketch with your vehicle stopped at red would be lovely.
TY
 
Well I'm sure there are conflicting laws in this country. One of you is in Atlantic NE the other in Pacific NW. Certainly possible that something is legal in one and not in the other ( like helmet laws, headlight on laws, etc).

Let's not get too abusive with each other until we have facts in hand. Let's not get abusive even after that, eh?

Here`s the rule in Ohio, where I live

Search Results

Left-on-Red Rule
In Ohio, motorists can make a left turn after stopping at a red light only from a one-way street onto another one-way street. As with making a right on red, drivers who make left turns after stopping at a red light must abide by right-of-way rules.
DrivingLaws.org › moving-violations
Red Light and Stop Sign Tickets in Ohio
 
Back
Top