Need tires.

SCCBrider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok Gang,
Noticed the tread is getting low of my PR3's and I am starting to look at replacing them. I want some that will give me the same range that I got from them (close to 10,000 miles). I'd also like to know what different sizes people have used. Thanks guys.
 
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
 
Peter ,on my 2013 I have a 150/70 Conti Trail Attack 2 and on my 2014 a Conti Trail Attack 3 , both 90/10 tires.
I never go off road but they are very good on the road , check Continentals website for info about the tires and you see what they are. I very much like them and although many guy's put a 160 Michelin on the back without issue's I personally find it a little too wide for the rim.
 
Tried Pirelli Angel GT pair ... ok tire, but not as good as Bridgestone Battlax T31 which lasted longer. On my last set of PR3's for another 6000k, then will probably go back to Battlax T31's,
 
SCCBrider_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
 
Thread starter
bflint_imp said:
Tried Pirelli Angel GT pair ... ok tire, but not as good as Bridgestone Battlax T31 which lasted longer. On my last set of PR3's for another 6000k, then will probably go back to Battlax T31's,
Great, thanks for that bit of advise. I have been looking at those to.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
SCCBrider_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
If you haven't already tried them, might wanna check out the Pirelli Angel GT's in 120/160 sizes. Others here have said good things about them and they are actually on sale right now @ Revzilla(~$250) for a set.

I will be getting mines mounted tomorrow so can't give you an opinion right this moment, but should be able to sometime on Sunday

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15686
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Thanks for the info, but it looks like the sale is over. I am seeing (front) $130.99, and (rear) $150.77. Was that $250, including the $25 coupon?
Correct. Those are the prices prior to you using the referenced code that gets you an additional $25 off, per purchase. Meaning that if you purchase them separately, you'd get $25 off per purchase bringing the totals to $117 & $138 for a grand total of $255 a set shipped to CA. I figured other states might come out cheaper to the $250 mark since everything is always somehow more expensive in CA
Now that's a brilliant idea. That sounds like what I will do. Thanks a lot.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I am trying very hard to keep Sierra Nevada's North Carolina's brewery in business , not hard to do in these hot days.
You must be doing a good job because our renters (you will recall that he worked at Sierra Nevada) moved out and bought a really nice house closer to the brewery! :beerchug:
 
That is good news because now you guy's can move into your house at Biltmore Lake !
If you work for a brewery you better live walking distance from the plant incase you get too involved in the product you produce.
 
Houtman_imp said:
That is good news because now you guy's can move into your house at Biltmore Lake !
If you work for a brewery you better live walking distance from the plant incase you get too involved in the product you produce.
We were planning on coming down and camping in the living room for a couple of weeks and exploring the area a bit. But our property manager is on the ball and rented it right away. We were disappointed but she did get $300 more a month so it's hard to be angry with her :celebrate:
We may come down for a few days anyhow. I'll let you know if it happens!
 
Got the fresh new rubber on. Day and night difference in my case. Here are some pictures for comparison

c4b394738ceaa35d8de30b50b1cf58c5.jpg

Old front

61c6ca93cc346b1a1fb322668723cfac.jpg

Old rear

c8e7c5c871656a1488958c01a8bb81a9.jpg

New front

ba80c0739524716c65b93a09ed0863e8.jpg

New rear
 
New tires always feel soooooo good.
 
SCCBRider knows what i'm going to advocate for:

Avon Spirit STII. These have been working exceedingly well for me for quite some time now. They're every bit as good as the michelins and I find the front end tips in a little more readily on turns. So far, it seems like they have the same long mileage wear as well.
 
I run mine 2 psi higher.
 
E11, my stockers look like yours. Looking forward to similar new tire goodness as soon as I can find time to get 'em changed!
 
Back
Top