Need suggestion for OEM Honda rectangle mirrors

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I had the Tannex mirrors....and one day I just found one on the floor of my garage- it fell off it's own stalk somehow.

So, I am looking to something out of the Honda parts bin.

They probably have something to fit.

Looking more for a nice tall/wide practical mirror... not something tiny and 'stylish'.

Thoughts?
 
Wasn’t Mr Professionality aiming at something like it?

The current CB500 mirrors are another favourite.
 
I liked the rectangular mirrors on my Nighthawk. They should be the same, for basically all of the 90s. They were a bit narrow however. I found Ken Sean reproductions that had longer stalks pushing them out a bit but still looked original and were very solid.
 
I am also looking at other mirrors. The tall round ones look like snail eyes. I found some shorter rectangular cheapies that might do the trick, but haven't done it yet.
 
That's up to the discretion of the owner. When I bought the bike, the owner let me choose between the stock chrome mirrors and these CB500 mirrors. I put one on each side and looked at them. I chose the black CB500 mirrors for this bike, because they don't call attention to themselves and just sort of blend in to the look of the bike. I didn't like the "chrome popsicle" look.

For my Bonneville, I bought a pair of Napolean bar end mirrors. That bike has a good deal more chrome than the CB1100, so I got chrome, goes better with that bike.
 
Thread starter
I found another thread on here that had the part #'s for rectangular OEM Honda mirrors so I bought them off Revzilla over the weekend when they had their 20% off sale.

I'll post up once they arrive.
 
I went with the chrome rectangle mirrors from the mid- 90s Honda Magnas. Easy swap, looks much better to me, good rear vision also.
Bought them from Partzilla.com, paid right at $100 for the pair. Worth it to me, tried some cheaper fleabay ones, they sucked. Honda ones mo' better. I just never liked the lollypops, these look just right, IMO.
Sorry, I don't have a pic yet, I'll work on it.
 
Thread starter
Wow. I think I paid about $18 each, but granted that was with Revzilla having a 20% off sale.

Still- darn cheap compared to prices I am seeing posted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Powerdubs, I just checked Revzilla again for the mirrors I got from Partzilla. Not seeing pricing anywhere near $18 each for OEM Honda mirrors. Revzilla shows $64/$65- Partzilla shows about the same. Even with 20% off, it's still around $51 each, close to what I paid.

Also.. I mistakenly said Magna mirrors, actually I got '95 Nighthawk 750 mirrors. Look like the same to me though, chrome, shorter stem, rectangular. I wanted new, OEM Honda for the factory fit and quality. Like I said, I wasted money on the cheap eBay crap, Bikemaster "Old School" chrome ovals. Tried 'em on my SV 650 too, took 'em off after 2 rides. They're junk IMO. Went to bar ends on that one.

Anyway, I like and will stay with what's on the CB 1100 now.
 
Man, JD2, about six months ago, I gave away a pair of Nighthawk 750 mirrors, or I woulda sent them your way. I actually took them off of my Nighthawk because the stalks were too short, and most of the view was of my shoulders. I hope you find that they are wide enough for you.
 
Thanks Gone, guess I should have searched more before pulling the trigger. Oh well, good of you to help someone else out. Hope they liked them.
I looked at some used ones on eBay, but didn't find anything I wanted so went for new ones. This was after wasting $ on the Bikemasters.
I've had them on the CB since last December, the view behind me is very good, I prefer it to the OEM rounds.The stock CB bar is wider and higher than the Nighthawk. I had a '92 Nighthawk back in the nineties, so I figured I'd like them on the CB too.

Hey PowerDubs, where's the post with the part numbers of the mirrors you ordered? Have yours arrived yet?
 
Thread starter
I am on vacation with just my old small phone: I will look up the part #’s when I get home if they haven’t arrived yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
JD2ride_imp said:
Thanks Gone, guess I should have searched more before pulling the trigger. Oh well, good of you to help someone else out. Hope they liked them.
I looked at some used ones on eBay, but didn't find anything I wanted so went for new ones. This was after wasting $ on the Bikemasters.
I've had them on the CB since last December, the view behind me is very good, I prefer it to the OEM rounds.The stock CB bar is wider and higher than the Nighthawk. I had a '92 Nighthawk back in the nineties, so I figured I'd like them on the CB too.

Hey PowerDubs, where's the post with the part numbers of the mirrors you ordered? Have yours arrived yet?


Found the email-

88210-MBZ-K01

and

88220-MBZ-K01

Google image the part # for pics until I get them.

Paid $17.82 each, free shipping.
 
Thanks for the info PowerDubs.

I checked both Rev and Partzilla, Rev is a little less, $21.16 ea. Part around $22. I noticed on Revs' page the note that these won't fit the '95 Nighthawk still showing from my previous search. It says these are for a CB600F. Maybe the stems are a different size? I know for sure I had zero issues fitting the Nighthawk mirrors to the CB 1100. I'd thought all the Hondas were basically the same mount wise, could be wrong though.

Hope yours work, they're a lot less $$ than mine. For anyone else considering this swap, wait until PowerDubs has a chance to try them, they're a much better deal.
 
Thread starter
I’ll let you know. I think they will work, as I got the part numbers originally from another post on here somewhere.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top