the Ferret
Road warrior
hd..I have never heard of it. Interesting though
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I found it while browsing for a throttle lock in the advrider.com forum. Quite some people seem to like it.The ferret_imp said:hd..I have never heard of it. Interesting though
I have a H-D touring bike that has a true cruise control and it really helps on long streches of highways.Cormanus_imp said:i thought it looked interesting. They're all a bit compromised, though, compared to a decent cruise control. I find it really hard to get my throttle lock exactly right. Either the bike speeds up or slows down and the slightest slope or change in air pressure can make a difference.
I honestly don't like highways but I only have weekends and vacation days to do longer rides and sometimes you have to use them to get to the nice roads.Cormanus_imp said:Oh, yes. I would find driving my car on the highway much less agreeable without the cruise control. While I try to avoid highways on the bike, there are occasions when they're unavoidable as well as straight, fast roads where an electronic cruise control would be a wonderful thing.
Thanks Ole!Ole_imp said:I have had this Madco cam lock for a long time. It came on a used bike I bought many years ago. I just keep taking it off and putting it on the next bike. It works great and is very simple. It has a little tool to adjust the tension just right.
![]()
![]()
Works on every Honda I have had with 1 inch handlebars. Did NOT work on my CB1100 because I had heated grips.
I had no idea they are pricey lil buggers ( I got mine for free) til I googled the link:
Madcorider – Portfolio des Réalisations de l'Année !
They almost look stock?
Not a problem, thanks.Ole_imp said:Yep, remove grip and slide it on, reglue grip. I remove grips with WD40, a long thin screwdriver, and compressed air. Am unsure why it did not fit with heated grips on the CB. I provided my cam lock to the dealer mechanic before he put the heaters on and all he told me was "it was a no go"
sorry I can't help you more
I really like the KAOKO I got from Twisted Throttle.Jim_imp said:I need a recommendation for a good, not too expensive, throttle lock. That flasher switch inhibits the use of the generic one that the dealership sells. Thx
If you call Marker Machine, ask to speak with Fred Fisher. He’s the one I worked with there.3rdbike_imp said:Thank you for that information, Apex1! I too have used Throttlemeister for a long time. I'm not satisfied with my homemade attempts at a throttle lock, so I may very well contact them for a set for my EX.