Need recommendation for throttle lock

hd..I have never heard of it. Interesting though
 
i thought it looked interesting. They're all a bit compromised, though, compared to a decent cruise control. I find it really hard to get my throttle lock exactly right. Either the bike speeds up or slows down and the slightest slope or change in air pressure can make a difference.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
i thought it looked interesting. They're all a bit compromised, though, compared to a decent cruise control. I find it really hard to get my throttle lock exactly right. Either the bike speeds up or slows down and the slightest slope or change in air pressure can make a difference.
I have a H-D touring bike that has a true cruise control and it really helps on long streches of highways.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I liked this design because it doesn't use space on the grip. When I installed the heated grips I realized that they are shorter than the Honda stock grips.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
Oh, yes. I would find driving my car on the highway much less agreeable without the cruise control. While I try to avoid highways on the bike, there are occasions when they're unavoidable as well as straight, fast roads where an electronic cruise control would be a wonderful thing.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Oh, yes. I would find driving my car on the highway much less agreeable without the cruise control. While I try to avoid highways on the bike, there are occasions when they're unavoidable as well as straight, fast roads where an electronic cruise control would be a wonderful thing.
I honestly don't like highways but I only have weekends and vacation days to do longer rides and sometimes you have to use them to get to the nice roads.

I am participating for the second year on this sort of rally:
Tour of Honor
Honoring military, police, firefighters and first responders. It is really a nice group of riders all over the country. And cruise control is almost a must for me.
Maybe I should make a thread to let everyone know about it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
I have had this Madco cam lock for a long time. It came on a used bike I bought many years ago. I just keep taking it off and putting it on the next bike. It works great and is very simple. It has a little tool to adjust the tension just right.

3125f597c62197a44774d545257bddda.jpg


fddb9e635e070e2a77f0d71495aed3bf.jpg


Works on every Honda I have had with 1 inch handlebars. Did NOT work on my CB1100 because I had heated grips.
I had no idea they are pricey lil buggers ( I got mine for free) til I googled the link:

Madcorider – Portfolio des Réalisations de l'Année !

They almost look stock?
 
Ole_imp said:
I have had this Madco cam lock for a long time. It came on a used bike I bought many years ago. I just keep taking it off and putting it on the next bike. It works great and is very simple. It has a little tool to adjust the tension just right.

3125f597c62197a44774d545257bddda.jpg


fddb9e635e070e2a77f0d71495aed3bf.jpg


Works on every Honda I have had with 1 inch handlebars. Did NOT work on my CB1100 because I had heated grips.
I had no idea they are pricey lil buggers ( I got mine for free) til I googled the link:

Madcorider – Portfolio des Réalisations de l'Année !

They almost look stock?
Thanks Ole!
It does look like a good option and doesn't change the stock look as well.
I guess since it is a single piece you have to remove the rubber and slide it in, is that right?
I don't understand why they mention on their website that it does work with heated grips.
 
Yep, remove grip and slide it on, reglue grip. I remove grips with WD40, a long thin screwdriver, and compressed air. Am unsure why it did not fit with heated grips on the CB. I provided my cam lock to the dealer mechanic before he put the heaters on and all he told me was "it was a no go"

sorry I can't help you more
 
Ole_imp said:
Yep, remove grip and slide it on, reglue grip. I remove grips with WD40, a long thin screwdriver, and compressed air. Am unsure why it did not fit with heated grips on the CB. I provided my cam lock to the dealer mechanic before he put the heaters on and all he told me was "it was a no go"

sorry I can't help you more
Not a problem, thanks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
Jim_imp said:
I need a recommendation for a good, not too expensive, throttle lock. That flasher switch inhibits the use of the generic one that the dealership sells. Thx
I really like the KAOKO I got from Twisted Throttle.
 
I have had all the throttle locks over my 35 motorcycle career and the
BrakeAWay is by far the best especially when unexpected braking happens.
Touch the front brake and the lock releases.
It does take up a 1/2 inch of the grip but it is worth it.
 
I have a BrakeAway on my CB and they do work well. But not in-expensive, and are fiddley to adjust. Awesome customer service too!

Since I have heated grips on my ST the BrakeAway wouldn't work. I'm trying a Throttlemeister on it. Haven't used it yet so can't really comment on using it.
 
I know this is reviving an old thread, but I thought I'd share some information. I have used Throttlemeisters for many years and I have always liked the beautiful machining and the matching bar end for the non-throttle side that comes with one. They did not have one listed for the 2017 CB1100EX (or any CB1100) but I saw online that the Kaoko listed for my CB1100 also fit some other Honda models. So I ordered a Throttlemeiester that was listed as fitting a bike that the Kaoko fits, but the inner bar mount was too large to fit, plus the throttle tube on my EX flared on the end as had some "teeth" molded in the nylon. Disappointed, I called Marker Machine (the manufacturer) to see if I needed a return authorization number and I spoke with Fred. Fred told me he had a couple slightly smaller inserts and he sent me both to try. These are precision machined parts that compress and expand when tightened, and they can't be cheap. Still, he sent me 2 more by second day mail and the larger of the 2 new parts was perfect. In addition to the slightly smaller diameter bar insert, I also had to use a Dremel to remove the nylon teeth at the end of the throttle tube so I could slip on the friction sleeve required for the device. That took all of about 5 minutes. I just mailed the 2 inserts I didn't use back to them. So if anyone is interested, they now know which parts to send for our bikes, and it fits and works. They even include a puller that can be used to pull the OEM inner bar weight on the throttle side to allow the inner bar adapter to be used. The Throttlemeister is a tiny bit finicky to set up perfectly at first, but it is really not a big deal. Once set up, it is done. I installed one on my Ducati 11 years ago and have not had to readjust anything since. I have no stake in Throttlemeister--I just like the device.
 
Thank you for that information, Apex1! I too have used Throttlemeister for a long time. I'm not satisfied with my homemade attempts at a throttle lock, so I may very well contact them for a set for my EX.
 
3rdbike_imp said:
Thank you for that information, Apex1! I too have used Throttlemeister for a long time. I'm not satisfied with my homemade attempts at a throttle lock, so I may very well contact them for a set for my EX.
If you call Marker Machine, ask to speak with Fred Fisher. He’s the one I worked with there.
 
I have the aluminum Go Cruise 2, but I no longer use it.

Both my CB500X and CB1100 EX would not hold a constant speed in 6 gear. Something like the big transport trucks, they would slow uphill and speed downhill. Fifth gear was a little better, but that shortened my fuel range.

It was handy on straight flat roads if I wanted to adjust my gear. Zip up if it was cold, zip down if it was hot. Also allowed me to shake a cramped throttle hand, but you don't need a throttle lock to do that.

The real reason I stopped using it was sudden stops. It was impossible to adjust the throttle lock so it will close completely in an emergency. Slows the down-gearing and leaves the bike revving when you stop. Deer and other critters are a constant threat on the roads that I ride. But not as bad as the pickup truck that sits on a sideroad stop sign, and then decides to pull out because it's only a motorcycle.
 
Back
Top