Need Fatter Grips

B166er_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Something thicker and softer? Gigitty gigitty

Any advice? I have huge hands. OEM grips don't seem to work for me.
 
I tried one set of neoprene wraps, which I didn't like (I just couldn't get used to the seam)...but the slip-on covers might solve this problem.
The wraps or covers seem to be the most popular way of doing this, as I have no doubt that replacing the throttle-side grip is a major PITA.
 
Papabear_imp said:
Tripod_imp said:
+1 Grip Puppies. I also tried the neoprene wraps and also didn't like the seams...
So how do you just slip them on? Heat them and stretch?
So how do you just slip them on? Heat them and stretch?
easy
cut the puppies to the correct length
place them in hot soapy water for 5 minutes
pour the hot soapy water on to your grips
slide the puppies on
easy
 
Ole_imp said:
Papabear_imp said:
Tripod_imp said:
+1 Grip Puppies. I also tried the neoprene wraps and also didn't like the seams...
So how do you just slip them on? Heat them and stretch?
So how do you just slip them on? Heat them and stretch?
easy
cut the puppies to the correct length
place them in hot soapy water for 5 minutes
pour the hot soapy water on to your grips
slide the puppies on
easy
Yup. I liked the Grab Ons on my CB11 so much, I just installed a set on the CB750 about 1/2 hour ago. I just put some soapy water in a cup, went out to the garage and wet down the grips. Then I poured some into one end of the grip and shook it with my palms covering both ends. It took a few minutes of pulling and tugging and they slipped into place.

Now both bikes have the fat grip feel.
 
Windex works well, too. Give 'em a good spray inside, which acts like a lube. It dries quickly, locking the grip cover in place, and with no nasty clean-ups afterward.
(I do the same thing on bicycles, which is actually where I originally got the idea. Works better than anything else I've tried.)
 
Back
Top