NC700X

Wasn't it called the Dullville in Europe? (nickname, play on Deauville)

Or was that the NC?
 
Thanks LongRanger. I actually meant to ask--or was that the NT.
 
The NC 700 was never designed to be an exciting motorcycle unless you find getting 70 mpg exciting ( I would btw ) . It is designed to be good basic transportation and it goes about that job rather admirably. My nephew in Nevada has one and like it alot. He also says he doesnt know how he would buy another motorcycle that didn't have a frunk, which he says comes in very handy. My wife and I borrowed it to ride several passes in the Sierra Nevadas.
 
What is the main difference between the NC and the NT?

I came close to getting an NT, but just thought it cost too much for what it was. Came real close. But then the CB came out.
 
NT is a V twin mini ST with fairing and bags. NC is a parallel twin more adventure bike styled.
 
I know I've sung its praises on here before, but if anyone's seriously considering the NC700, you really ought to check out the CB500x, too. Light weight, handles great, about 65-70 mpg, about the same horsepower, just slightly less torque than the 700, and I found the 500 much more comfortable (obviously depends a lot on how you're built) than the 700. AND it's about $2k less than the 700! Seems like the perfect all-arounder Swiss Army Knife bike.
 
I narrowed my choices down to two recently, both Honda - the NC700x and CB500x. Found several within my budget.
Went with the CB500x and couldn't be happier, it does everything I want and goes anywhere I'm willing to try. I use it for 5-10% gravel/unpaved road and the rest asphalt. Fuel mileage is so good I laugh and the best description I can come up with is "Nimble".

Papa Weeley's appreciation of the bike helped my decision.
 
Thread starter
I really was about to pull the trigger on buying the used NC700X that we took on trade recently, but opted against it because I was not ready to let go of my Beemer and I started questioning if the NC would be comfortable. Before I considered that NC, I was thinking about getting a CB500X. I am afraid I have gotten too power hungry to let go of my GS and get a smaller bike like the 500X.
 
power corrupts..absolute power corrupts absolutely

A GS corrupts... A S1000R corrupts absolutely lol
 
Yea it is weird stepping down in power but I actually found it to be liberating. The loss of weight makes throwing the bike into corners fun! I've had my X on the same roads as the GS and actually run them faster on the smaller bike. GS great on the wide open roads but that isn't where I do my riding. Much better on unpaved roads and last week I took it down a really rough trail that would have been impossible on the GS.
Counter intuitive, especially these days but bigger isn't always better.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
Yea it is weird stepping down in power but I actually found it to be liberating. The loss of weight makes throwing the bike into corners fun! I've had my X on the same roads as the GS and actually run them faster on the smaller bike. GS great on the wide open roads but that isn't where I do my riding. Much better on unpaved roads and last week I took it down a really rough trail that would have been impossible on the GS.
Counter intuitive, especially these days but bigger isn't always better.
I found there to be very little difference in how heavy the 1200GS feels to the NC. The claimed wet weight of each bike is 504 and 474 lbs with both bikes carrying mass fairly low. The trick telelever front end makes me feel more confident on the Beemer even with the reworked suspension on the NC.

What I am now considering is letting go of my Grom and picking up a dual sport. What Ibreally want is a Yamaha WR250R, but we just took in a really nice Suzuki DRZ400S that is kinda calling to me. Thats a good 200 lbs lighter than my GS and everything you describe about a less powerful, lighter bike absolutely makes a great caae for itself.
 
I had checkbook in hand ready to close the deal on a new nc700, but each time I sat on it it just didn't fit me. Very tall saddle, didn't want to stand on tip toes every time I stopped. Turned around and saw the cb1100 and heard music playing! Everything I read on the nc was very positive though. I really liked the idea of the frunk, but I put a pair of soft saddlebags on my cb and they're worked really well for me.
crutch
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Yea it is weird stepping down in power but I actually found it to be liberating. The loss of weight makes throwing the bike into corners fun! I've had my X on the same roads as the GS and actually run them faster on the smaller bike. GS great on the wide open roads but that isn't where I do my riding. Much better on unpaved roads and last week I took it down a really rough trail that would have been impossible on the GS.
Counter intuitive, especially these days but bigger isn't always better.
Very true! I have a third bike...in Costa Rica where I spend time because my wife is from there. It's a Honda CGL125, a street bike, but a billy goat. Amazing little cuss...just point it where you want to go, rock mountain roads, up, down...it just goes. And it gets about 90 miles per gallon.
 
Back
Top