Naked or Faring

I have to say that I greatly prefer this bike naked, but, yeah, it really DOES need something at freeway speeds (and above).
I finally went with the Dart flyscreen. It's pretty unobtrusive, and creates a great pocket of "calm air" in the cockpit area. It's definitely nothing like the protection of a full-dress Harley fairing or something like that, but it does make a noticeable difference that makes high speed riding a lot more acceptable.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Look at a screen on a super bike like the CBR1000rr. The screen is a bit smaller and they hit speeds around 180mph. So yes I like my road comet 2. But the one on eBay is less than $200 shipped and the screen it's self looks the same! The touring screen for the comet 2 is over $200 just for the screen.
You talking about this one (New front fairing) out of the UK?

This one APPEARS to be the same unit, for about $80 shipped.
 
eBay item # 181494846283. See my other thread about fairing. It's shows it in gloss black on a black cb1100. They come painted gloss black.
Yea that thread.
 
I added an MRA winscreen with Laminar lip. Nice. Easy on and off so for the naked bike look it's easy to do. Have a smaller windscreen too, but it seems I prefer nothing or large.
 
MG, here's one OK shot of Enzo's bike

 
I hope that bulletin in the background wasn't referring to you and Enzo! Thanks! That helps a lot and settles it. I'm getting that aluminum bikini cowl (and painting it black)! Although I do like how the contrast looks on his bike.
 
I have the alu fairing. Finish is great, the performance is as expected - it took some strain from my chest, but it is trather small so don´t expect miracles.
 
Thanks for the info VTR. I rudely hijacked this thread from Rhodie who was original poster trying to make up his mind on what to do. Rhodie, hopefully you've found my mental gymnastics somewhat helpful in making up your mind as well. My apologies for stepping on your toes.
 
Thread starter
Mentallyguitarded no worries I did expect the response in got thanks to everyone for the input. I have seen I will now look and choose
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I hope that bulletin in the background wasn't referring to you and Enzo! Thanks! That helps a lot and settles it. I'm getting that aluminum bikini cowl (and painting it black)! Although I do like how the contrast looks on his bike.
I think the natural aluminum looks especially good when you have the silver side panels. First time I came across a picture of a red tank bike with one of the Comets painted silver, to match the side panels, I was convinced.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I hope that bulletin in the background wasn't referring to you and Enzo! Thanks! That helps a lot and settles it. I'm getting that aluminum bikini cowl (and painting it black)! Although I do like how the contrast looks on his bike.
I think the natural aluminum looks especially good when you have the silver side panels. First time I came across a picture of a red tank bike with one of the Comets painted silver, to match the side panels, I was convinced.
I think the natural aluminum looks especially good when you have the silver side panels. First time I came across a picture of a red tank bike with one of the Comets painted silver, to match the side panels, I was convinced.
+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I love the naked look and hate the looks of windscreens pretty much of any kind. That said, I am fine if speeds are held to 60 and under but that is not my reality where I live. So, Im looking to purchase my first real windscreen for my 1100. I plan on using it in colder weather and longer trips that require interstate/parkway duty at 70+ mph. I have to have a quick detach of some kind. I dont plan on using it all the time. Age has finally caught up to me and Im willing to compromise the looks for a little more comfort.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I love the naked look and hate the looks of windscreens pretty much of any kind. That said, I am fine if speeds are held to 60 and under but that is not my reality where I live. So, Im looking to purchase my first real windscreen for my 1100. I plan on using it in colder weather and longer trips that require interstate/parkway duty at 70+ mph. I have to have a quick detach of some kind. I dont plan on using it all the time. Age has finally caught up to me and Im willing to compromise the looks for a little more comfort.
Completely agree!
 
Thread starter
I've sprung for the WM Aluminum fairing It will be here in about a month the guys in Japan where great I cant wait for it to get here.
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I love the naked look and hate the looks of windscreens pretty much of any kind. That said, I am fine if speeds are held to 60 and under but that is not my reality where I live. So, Im looking to purchase my first real windscreen for my 1100. I plan on using it in colder weather and longer trips that require interstate/parkway duty at 70+ mph. I have to have a quick detach of some kind. I dont plan on using it all the time. Age has finally caught up to me and Im willing to compromise the looks for a little more comfort.
Oh my. It is all downhill now! :P
 
Henrik_imp said:
Although I live in Switzerland, I am Swedish. I prefer my bikes the same way I prefer saunas, naked!
Put on your leathers and, on a hot Oz day, you can have it all. The naked bike and the sauna all in one.

Cheers
 
Indeed Pterodactyl. It also brings back memories of a track day I did at Sepang....Bike leathers are indeed portable saunas in some cases.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Henrik_imp said:
Although I live in Switzerland, I am Swedish. I prefer my bikes the same way I prefer saunas, naked!
Put on your leathers and, on a hot Oz day, you can have it all. The naked bike and the sauna all in one.

Cheers
Put on your leathers and, on a hot Oz day, you can have it all. The naked bike and the sauna all in one.

Cheers
:rofl: Works in south Georgia also.
 
Back
Top