N. Michigan CB1100 Sidecar Ride with Rudi the Dog

deltamark

Running like a top
Thread starter
Last week, Rudi (my dog) and I took a road trip to Northern Michigan on our CB1100 sidecar rig. (Yes, it's Rudi's sidecar.:) I actually wrote a much more detailed post about this trip, but decided to just post the pictures, since they're worth a lot more than the words.

Day 1. Packed and ready to go:
7df71ba783867a7f3dc6f38284cf6195.jpg


First night's stop. A beach side motel on Lake Huron:
00a2363e5f91cdcfa9a51e94d7c2d4c9.jpg


Day 2 along Lake Huron:
802c5daf75934941a68d3f043893db73.jpg


Day 2 at the campsite. Rudi crashed in front of the bike:
f153af97ce3f756def98dda99c0460d6.jpg


Heading out to hit the town:
d0607b3c508b2bc13908a49e5a9e98c6.jpg


Day 3 - a complete stranger took this picture as we were crossing the Mackinac Bridge. Saw the person at the bridge toll gate and asked for the picture:
e3dddcfd6dbd5c4472322796e9866d91.jpg


Another picture taken by our new Mackinac Bridge friend:
1f432043749510a1fc3ff41ca2714ea1.jpg


A rest stop in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in the Les Cheneaux region:
03ee09effe85d896c10f8e8351f59aca.jpg


Rudi chillin' after some ice cream:
166e541bb0970afe55b26bae0dfed23a.jpg


Onlookers in St. Ignace in the U.P. waiting for the vintage car parade. I think that people thought Rudi and I were part of the parade as we rode through town. Many responded with cheers and applause. Pretty funny!
90fba254cc333a87898f2a7f099a84ef.jpg


Rudi chillin' in the sidecar:
02a0fc59539002340492e4c39aac89e6.jpg


Day 4. Last night in Northern Michigan:
641e7d965a71544e2d9a1b484623c24d.jpg

9a83a9bd8e48c1268a68880e1dcd5bec.jpg


Day 5 - We made it back home safe and sound having covered 978 miles. Looking forward to the next one!
 
ha ha love it! That Rudi is quite the motorcyclist

in the one pic you said he slept in front of the bike..outside all night by himself? I don't think I've ever had a dog I would trust not to wander off during the night left to his own devises.

Stunning colors in that bottom pic
 
You’re lucky to have a good riding buddy.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
ha ha love it! That Rudi is quite the motorcyclist

in the one pic you said he slept in front of the bike..outside all night by himself? I don't think I've ever had a dog I would trust not to wander off during the night left to his own devises.

Stunning colors in that bottom pic
Hey Ferret, gosh no, Rudi didn't sleep outside at night. He's spoiled like many dogs. I take the padding out of the sidecar and place it for him to sleep on in the tent with me. : )
In the picture, he was napping outside while I set up the tent.
 
Whew! That worked out better than I expected. I had visions of Rudi in the tent, tucked up in his sleeping bag, while Deltamark was curled up outside. :D
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Whew! That worked out better than I expected. I had visions of Rudi in the tent, tucked up in his sleeping bag, while Deltamark was curled up outside. :D
Ha ha! Only if I had too much bourbon by the campfire. (It was close :)
 
Back
Top