Mythical Creature, A Continued Search

Cormanus_imp said:
I've wondered about these Ventz things, https://www.ventz-range.com/
Me too.

I have seen many Asia knock-offs, but not much comment on their effectiveness and convenience. I imagine they are ineffective while stuck in hot, humid congestion situations. On my gear, I open the sleeve zippers for circulation - again, useful when moving.
 
I'm looking at this as a straightforward exercise in human physiology, rider convenience, and the latest technology.

Speaking as a guy who is willing to don a heated vest and heated gloves in the winter, there's no way I would put on a pseudo-NASA space suit with an electric-powered backpack / auxiliary cooling unit unless I was riding for hours across the desert at ≥ 38 °C / 100 °F. For a short commute or jaunt around town on a brutally hot & humid day, I'd probably just take my cage.

The CB1100 is an exercise in back-to-basics motorcycling. Adaptations to the environment should be minimalistic. If a rider is already putting on a helmet, it's really not a lot of fuss to just plug in a lightweight, air conditioned helmet and enjoy a far more comfortable ride.
 
Stichill_imp said:
I'm looking at this as a straightforward exercise in human physiology, rider convenience, and the latest technology.

Speaking as a guy who is willing to don a heated vest and heated gloves in the winter, there's no way I would put on a pseudo-NASA space suit with an electric-powered backpack / auxiliary cooling unit unless I was riding for hours across the desert at ≥ 38 °C / 100 °F. For a short commute or jaunt around town on a brutally hot & humid day, I'd probably just take my cage.

The CB1100 is an exercise in back-to-basics motorcycling. Adaptations to the environment should be minimalistic. If a rider is already putting on a helmet, it's really not a lot of fuss to just plug in a lightweight, air conditioned helmet and enjoy a far more comfortable ride.
(+1) Can't agree more.

Just need that built-in fan to produce just enough air current during humid traffic jams to prevent a blackout. :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
I'm looking at this as a straightforward exercise in human physiology, rider convenience, and the latest technology.

Speaking as a guy who is willing to don a heated vest and heated gloves in the winter, there's no way I would put on a pseudo-NASA space suit with an electric-powered backpack / auxiliary cooling unit unless I was riding for hours across the desert at ≥ 38 °C / 100 °F. For a short commute or jaunt around town on a brutally hot & humid day, I'd probably just take my cage.

The CB1100 is an exercise in back-to-basics motorcycling. Adaptations to the environment should be minimalistic. If a rider is already putting on a helmet, it's really not a lot of fuss to just plug in a lightweight, air conditioned helmet and enjoy a far more comfortable ride.
(+1) Can't agree more.

Just need that built-in fan to produce just enough air current during humid traffic jams to prevent a blackout. :)
To be perfectly clear: it's not simply a built-in a fan. It's an actual thermo-electric cooling module of the same design used for air conditioning automobile seats.

62e14e2be314fe4575986cc8b0375329.jpg


Full video explaining the technology:

 
Yes, understood ... there is an exchange unit in the helmet.

No problem.

I was referring to something simpler like a jacket than can exchange air better, but I suspect that is easier said than done - otherwise it would be widely available. My chest surface area would enjoy the extra air circulation more than a chilled noggin. When stuck in humid traffic, I usually wear the 3/4 or modular helmet so I can open it up on demand.
 
I have one, a Bilt I think. Never used it though.

That was a whole lot of help, huh? :)
 
Up here in Eskimo land we don't often get the severe heat many of you do, however that's changing and many inland and central continent areas get some very hot periods.
I'm on the much cooler Atlantic coast so a mesh jacket generally serves me very well.
That said, there have been times when I'm on the road for a day or two that I've resorted to also tying a wet T-shirt around my neck to cool my head - and it works.
Last summer, here on the cooler coast, record high temps and humidity were recorded so things are changing - and we're being told that more is to be expected.
On days like that I either stay home or hit the road very early in the morning and get home before noon.
Up here, we're too well adapted to cooler weather and heat and humidity wilts us very quickly.
Last summer a number of roofs were being replaced in my neighbourhood and the bosses pulled the men off the jobs at 2:00 and sent them home. I don't know how they stood it that long.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Does any member have this jacket ??. Would like to hear some feedback.

"Simply soak in water for 1-2 minutes, gently squeeze out excess water and enjoy the cooling effect for 5-10 hours. Simple, fast and easy to use"

Does any member have this jacket ??. Would like to hear some feedback.

"Simply soak in water for 1-2 minutes, gently squeeze out excess water and enjoy the cooling effect for 5-10 hours. Simple, fast and easy to use"

Interesting.

It appears they behave better in dry desert regions and are ineffective in humid regions. This makes sense since the premise is to evaporate water to create a cooling sensation - something that is challenging in humid climates.
 
Back
Top