Mystery 'R' pin

WK57ABF_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Can someone please help me to identify this part - i found it on my truck bed floor by the rear wheel on the left hand side after carrying the bike 140 miles on very rough roads - the pin is 10mm long - have checked most of bike except under the side covers and injector covers.
John
 
WK57ABF_imp said:
Can someone please help me to identify this part - i found it on my truck bed floor by the rear wheel on the left hand side after carrying the bike 140 miles on very rough roads - the pin is 10mm long - have checked most of bike except under the side covers and injector covers.
John
I just looked all over my 2014 standard and don't see one.



Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
That's a hitch pin. Don't recall any on the CB, but I'll walk out to the garage and have a look around
 
Thread starter
Retsel - thank you for looking - going dark now so will remove all covers in the morning and have a good look in there - went a short ride this afternoon and nothing fell off - 2013 CB1100A.
 
Thread starter
Ferret - this is a very small pin 10mm long - yes it is similar to a hitch pin in shape - but hitch pins are about 3'' long.
LongRanger - i doubt that its coming off anything but the bike - very sad, i keep everything in rubbermaid boxes - generator/portable winch etc in the truck bed.
 
Did it come from the "stud" holding the foot peg ?
From the factory they have a split pin but that could have been replaced by a tiny hitch pin.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for your replies - here is a pic for scale - checked passenger and rider's footpegs and both have proper split pins - search continues.
 
I don't think the bike has any clips like that. I know I haven't seen any on the parts fiches. However, like mentioned above, maybe someone changed out a split pin.
In that vein, the rear brake push rod has a split pin that could have maybe been changed to that. Here it is: http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8da6f870022e4ccd3252/rear-brake-master-cylinder-1 item 24

I just looked through the parts fiche for the '13 and did not see a clip like that. Haven't seen one on my bike either. I'm guessing its an undocumented part for the reticulating lever arm that meters blinker fluid...
 
I looked but didn't see any on my bike.

My 70s and 80s 650 Yamaha had 2 of those that went thru the pins on the flip seat
 
In my avid sailboat racing days it was occasionally amusing to toss a random small rigging clip into a neighboring boats mainsail during a quiet drifter. It would slide down and rattle on deck causing some anxious moments for the opponent, until the amusement of the crew on the offending boat became obvious.
Perhaps you were the victim of some such mischief.

Ben
 
A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I used a chain that held the master link with two clips similar to those. That chain left me stranded in Alberta. I would hope that brand of chain no longer is in business. Please check the chain.

The disaster had a happy ending. Some new friends from north of the border happily helped a couple of southern neighbors and sent us on our way.
Jim
 
Thread starter
popgun - thank you for the link - this morning i checked the rear brake master cylinder linkage and thankfully it is secured with a conventional split pin - as regards the undocumented blinker fluid metering system i can cure that issue by leaving the bike in a dark shed overnight with a goat.
Maybe as Ben70 said - perhaps I'm the victim of some mischief.
Thanks John
Just realised that by posting a picture of my palm print that every law enforcement agency in the world is now aware that i was pulled for a defective tail light back in 1958.
 
Oh man, now I have to get a goat. :(

I think RLETS will protect it though :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Oh man, now I have to get a goat. :(

I think RLETS will protect it though :P
You'll break Bubba's heart.
 
Luckily he is on an extended walkabout in AUS...
 
You’re dreaming, popgun.
 
Back
Top