My Z1

Lovely bikes, Tezza. You've done great work.

Back in the early 1970s I had a mate with Suzuki 500 something like yours. It was an amazing machine; incredibly quick. He graduated soon afterwards to the 750 'water bottle' which was also quite a bike. But then they was all suddenly dwarfed by the Z1.
 
Thread starter
furious_blue_imp said:
That's a gorgeous set !
The Suzuki 500 Titan was another one of those 'if only' bikes for me.

I don't recognize the Yamaha, what model is that ?
DS6 250 1970.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Kawasaki should consider doing a retro KZ to be matched with the CB. They would make great bookends. I'd say Suzuki too, but they may be too small to pull it off. Yamaha just didn't have anything I wanted back then.
They did it back in the 90s with the Zephyr series. Basically new versions of the classic KZ bikes. They didn't sell well here, but the series sold for nearly 10 years in Japan and Europe.

Zephyr 1100
4ded4bb0a3ab8e317dce3e5cf889c815.jpg


Zephyr 750
8abfc403622a539f80361ca884594c6f.jpg


The timing may not have been right for the North American market. I think if they tried it again today they'd see better results.
 
What? To rival the massive sales of the CB1100? :D
 
I forgot about that bike. Thanks for the reminder! I suspect they were a little too early. Ya, this sort of machine is really a niche bike. Hmm, time to check Craigslist..... :)
 
Wow, that is just breathtaking. Excellent job, sir!
The Z1 will always be one of those iconic bikes from my generation. It was indeed an impressive beast when it hit the scene, and it still a beautiful bike with great lines; it's hard to believe that it's actually that old now.
My college roommate had one (all three of us roommates had bikes), and I lusted over that sexy thing sitting in the garage every day.
 
Yep, beautiful Z1!

That is the bike I have the fondest memories of and actually bought my 2014 std with that in mind and have been trying to turn my CB into a Z1 ever since I've had it....

The 4 into 1 Kerker was what I remember being the most amazing sound on a Z1 so that is what I want on my CB.
With the HP on the CB as compared to the Z1...they are pretty close!
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Yep, beautiful Z1!

That is the bike I have the fondest memories of and actually bought my 2014 std with that in mind and have been trying to turn my CB into a Z1 ever since I've had it....

The 4 into 1 Kerker was what I remember being the most amazing sound on a Z1 so that is what I want on my CB.
With the HP on the CB as compared to the Z1...they are pretty close!
If that's the case, you just have to get a tail on it.

 
Flynrider_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Yep, beautiful Z1!

That is the bike I have the fondest memories of and actually bought my 2014 std with that in mind and have been trying to turn my CB into a Z1 ever since I've had it....

The 4 into 1 Kerker was what I remember being the most amazing sound on a Z1 so that is what I want on my CB.
With the HP on the CB as compared to the Z1...they are pretty close!
If that's the case, you just have to get a tail on it.
Not a bad look for the CB, at all. There is enough of the 1100F inspiration in the design already, to make that shift to the 80's feel work well.
 
Back
Top